+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship May 2012 Test Result

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
mike2012 said:
Congradulation sbg92 and pr2008 < thats great new. i wrote the test may 8 th nothing yet. just a quick question does the ecas got updated first or u guys recieved the letter and then the ecas got updated
Hi mike2012!

Out of excitement of getting the update in ECAS, i missed answering your question. In my case, the date of their letter was July 30th (Monday) but I didn't receive it yet when I read the notice in my ECAS on August 3rd, Friday. Or maybe, it was already in our mailbox but was not aware of it since we usually get our mails on Wednesdays.

Keep checking your ECAS on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's around those days that the updates get posted. They normally update it on Tuesdays but would only show the following day.

God bless! :)

PR2008

Jun 21, 2012
I have received my Oath letter and here I am sharing my timelines for citizenship app

1. Application received by CIC - July 4th 2012
2. CIC started app processing - Feb 7th 2012
3. Citizenship test - May 8th 2012
4. Oath Date - Aug 21, 2012

Good Luck everyone :)

Cheers,

PR2008

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
summerson said:
No update for me yet, Test done on May2nd.
DAMN, i'm in the same boat Summerson.
took the test on May 10.
Hopefully within this week we should get the updates.
good luck!

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
So it seems like another week gone and no updates on my status ???
any updates on any one else from May batch?

shan2008

Jul 26, 2012
No update for me also!!now m lil'bit worried.test date was 7th may 2012.anyways plz keep updating ....
Thnx

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Hi Shan,
did you appear for the test at Glen Erin Mississauga ?
Give it another two weeks or so , keep checking online status,. every tuesday.

if somebody can make me manager Citizenship Immigration I can speed up process.
i should join govt after citizenship.

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
summerson said:
No update for me yet, Test done on May2nd.
Hi summerson,

Did you try calling CIC? Check also your ECAS tomorrow and Friday. Sometimes they don't post the updates as scheduled.

Same suggestion for you paraug99, shan2008 and the rest of the May batch in this thread. i know it's hard not to worry but keep the expectancy and faith going. You're almost there.

We took our oath yesterday and for me, it's really worth the wait. :) I hope you will also appreciate it when your turn comes.

God bless!

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
sbg92 said:
Hi summerson,

Did you try calling CIC? Check also your ECAS tomorrow and Friday. Sometimes they don't post the updates as scheduled.

Same suggestion for you paraug99, shan2008 and the rest of the May batch in this thread. i know it's hard not to worry but keep the expectancy and faith going. You're almost there.

We took our oath yesterday and for me, it's really worth the wait. :) I hope you will also appreciate it when your turn comes.

God bless!
Thanks sbg92 I completely agree with you. It's just a waiting game now.
And I believe calling Cic would not make any difference to the outcome.
But it just seems "so near yet so far" lol
Hope you had fun at the ceremony.
GL every one!

summerson

Jul 30, 2012
Hey sbg92 - Glad to hear you had your ceremony yesterday, I guess tomorrow you can apply for your passport, good luck.
Still waiting, don't know exactly how the process goes but I am sure I had all 20 questions right! So no chance for failure!!!
Nothing could be done for now but waiting. No worries our time is approaching fast.

Good luck everyone. Keep posting...

summerson

Jul 30, 2012
This morning the website is updated and I am scheduled for Oath on August 30. Sooo happy...

The timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 8, 2011.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 13, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM.

We sent you a notice on August 14, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 30, 2012.

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
summerson,
Congratulations,
you appeared for test on 2nd May , you suppose to get the oath earlier, may they are doing the batch process .

Good news is you got the oath date confirmation, celebrate the citizenship. :)

cfila

Jun 27, 2012
Congratulation! It is so relieving when we come here and see the line is moving, slow but moving. Let's keep the faith.

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
cfila said:
Congratulation! It is so relieving when we come here and see the line is moving, slow but moving. Let's keep the faith.
LOL, +1

Congratulations Summerson, Have fun at the ceremony.

p56208

May 30, 2012
Hi May Batch @ Mississauga- Anybody who appeared for test in Mississauga on May 11th or around that time, got oath invitation letter?