+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship May 2012 Test Result

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
I was really hoping that by 1st week of August (at the latest), my family can already apply for a Canadian passport so we can go to the US for our summer vacation. Our passports from our country of origin already expired last January and we didn't want to spend for the renewal anymore. If they are saying that nothing is in the system yet for the May batch, then this could really mean a longer wait for us. :(

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
sbg92 said:
I was really hoping that by 1st week of August (at the latest), my family can already apply for a Canadian passport so we can go to the US for our summer vacation. Our passports from our country of origin already expired last January and we didn't want to spend for the renewal anymore. If they are saying that nothing is in the system yet for the May batch, then this could really mean a longer wait for us. :(
I completely understand your frustration sbg92. I have a different problem though! Due to the nature of my Job, I'm required by my company to travel to a client site any where in the world at a last minute. Being of Indian origin (East Indian, if i have to mention and not get confused with the Natives, lol) there are hardly any countries where I can get in without a Visa and so I get stuck with getting jobs in North America, lol.
Anyways, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
GL everyone

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
paraug99 said:
Anyways, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
GL everyone
Thanks for the encouragement paraug99. You're right. There's nothing we can do about it so let's just hope for the best.

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
Hi May 2012 batch!

Has anybody recently called CIC and got updates on his/her citizenship application?
Any news can be very helpful just to know where we're at.

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
sbg92 said:
Hi May 2012 batch!

Has anybody recently called CIC and got updates on his/her citizenship application?
Any news can be very helpful just to know where we're at.
If this helps, lol, found this link on another thread posted by another frustrated applicant.
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob431.asp
:mad: :(

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
paraug99 said:
If this helps, lol, found this link on another thread posted by another frustrated applicant.
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob431.asp
:mad: :(
Thanks paraug99.

darbri

Nov 9, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Jul 2010
AOR Received.
8 Sep 2010
File Transfer...
13 Sep 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 2010
Did my test in Fort McMurray Alberta on May 9 and will take the oath on August 20.
Good luck. :)

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
Hi batch of May 2012!

Has anybody heard anything yet from Glen Erin office?
I read from another thread that saro1020 who wrote her test in April already received notice for oath-taking.
This is an encouraging news. :)

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
April batch has started getting their Oath ceremony letters... keeping fingers crossed, Another 2-4 weeks i hope!

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
Sure thing paraug99!
KBP wrote the test on April 10th and is scheduled to take oath on July 26th.
This is good stuff. :)

summerson

Jul 30, 2012
Wrote my test on May 2nd, 2012; No update so far. I called the call center last Friday and been told that there is a back log at Mississauga office. Sees waiting is the only option we have.

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
summerson said:
Wrote my test on May 2nd, 2012; No update so far. I called the call center last Friday and been told that there is a back log at Mississauga office. Sees waiting is the only option we have.
Welcome to this thread summerson! :)

I wrote my test on May 1st and no update received as well.
Most probably, we are going to be scheduled on the same day for oath-taking.
I am hoping to hear from Glen Erin office this week or the next.

k84

Jul 31, 2012
hi may batch
i wrote my test on 17 may at glen erin drive..
no update yet.
good luck everyone and keep ur fingure crossed....

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
k84 said:
hi may batch
i wrote my test on 17 may at glen erin drive..
no update yet.
good luck everyone and keep ur fingure crossed....
Welcome to the club, k84! :)
Who knows, we might get updates sooner than we expected...
Wishful thinking. :D