+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship March 2012 Test Result

sophia44

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So long , but is over now :)
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2011.
We started processing your application on February 28, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 11, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

We sent you a notice on November 15, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

You became a Canadian citizen on November 28, 2012.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Sophia 44 ! Congrats ! and if you consume Champagne, Hope you open that special bottle to celebrate !! :) :)

Would you mind giving us an idea of if you applied as someone with a full time job with a Canadian firm or as a home maker/spouse of someone who is working but you are not ?

We see a lot of people online who have been slapped with a Residence Questionnaire. Going by the timeline you provided, looks like your case processing was straight forward and you did not get an RQ ??? Also did you travel a lot to US and overseas ?

Much Appreciate your taking the time to respond as this will give added perspective to the discussion on who gets RQ and who not ..etc etc...
Thanks in advance

sophia44

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks us2yow,
I applied as someone with a full time job and didn't have a RQ, and no travel to US. Yeah, my case was straight forward. Wish you all success! :)

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Finally............. after ten months...... Oath date

So exited that i can not believe it

submitted may 2011
in process jan 2012
test march 2012
Oath jan 2013

no RQ and no Judge

any body that is in the same situation,,, do not lose hope.

i thank god and all who have guided me in this form and wish the best for you all.

2u4u

Feb 1, 2013
Application received October 11, 2011
Application stared processing April 25, 2012
Finger print August 02, 2012
Appear for citizenship test October 13, 2012 (Saturday)

All these step apply to my mother's, sisters', and brother's application (4 application in one file) and they took the oath in November 23, 2012.

Now my file is with my wife's and my children' application. My was told that she needs to see the judge because of her language.

Basically I am stuck with her. Someone called me from the local office saying that my finger print is valid for 1 year. If my wife meets the

judge after my finger print expiry, I have to redo the finger print. She asked me if I want to have the applications processed separately and I said yes.

The call was around December 18, 2012. And she also told me that my test results was really good and I have passed the test.

I don't know if they have separated the files or no because I called and they said we don't see anything on the system about the separation it is up to the

person who is processing my application.

Sorry for the long message ;D

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
Hi I am new in this forum. Maybe this information will help someone who is in hard position as ours.
Below are the dates for my parent's applications. Both applied at the same time. Both used time Visiting Canada before PR status for their application. Both received RQ in January 2013.
We are thinking about canceling their application and re-applying again in hope that now they were PR status for 4 years and should not have to be requested RQ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 7, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 9, 2012.

We sent you a letter on December 4, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raman1127

Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ITS TOO MUCH NOW..... :( :( :eek:

no movement even after one year..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 21, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 21, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 11, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 21, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
sophia44 said:
Thanks us2yow,
I applied as someone with a full time job and didn't have a RQ, and no travel to US. Yeah, my case was straight forward. Wish you all success! :)
Congratulations! Have you traveled outside of Canada at all?

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
raman1127 said:
had interview with judge... how long for oath now??
Did the judge give you a hint that you passed the interview? When did you get the notice? What were the questions asked? I also need to see the judge but no schedule yet.

Thanks

raman1127

Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got three weeks notice to appear for interview, and the judge said you passed the test,

All the questions are from the book but without options, if your judge is nice he/she will give you hints, read each and every corner of the book

good luck!!

coolguy911

Aug 8, 2014
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.