+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Card--required for Canadian child born outside Canada?

English Rose

Sep 13, 2011
Hello,

I have a question regarding CCCs (Canadian Citizenship Cards) for dependents born outside of Canada.

I am preparing to apply for PR via my husband, who is a Canadian-born citizen. We currently live in the US with our two children, one of whom (aged 4) was born in Canada, one of whom (aged 4 months) was born in the USA. The baby is a citizen through his father/my husband. My question: when I submit my application, do I need to include the baby's CCC? We don't have one as yet and I understand that it takes quite some time to process.

Thank you for your help,

Rose

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

English Rose said:
Hello,

I have a question regarding CCCs (Canadian Citizenship Cards) for dependents born outside of Canada.

I am preparing to apply for PR via my husband, who is a Canadian-born citizen. We currently live in the US with our two children, one of whom (aged 4) was born in Canada, one of whom (aged 4 months) was born in the USA. The baby is a citizen through his father/my husband. My question: when I submit my application, do I need to include the baby's CCC? We don't have one as yet and I understand that it takes quite some time to process.

Thank you for your help,

Rose
No, you don't have to submit a copy, but you still you better apply for it. In urgent cases 3/4 months processing or the CHC will issue a limited validity passport for children under 2. Note you will need it for a medical card in Canada to prove status.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
I was able to get my kids in 2 weeks, but they approved me without them and never even asked. THe border agents when we crossed however did question about it a bit when we visited and I was using just my COPR.