+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizenship application

Panda13

May 2, 2017
what is mean by (Are there any gaps in time in the validity period of your passports or travel documents during the past (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent?)
so I came to Canada in 2013
I got travel document in 2015
applying citizenship in 2017
should I say yes or no to that question

Reactions: Smsm73

andersonhc

Feb 2, 2017
Panda13 said:
what is mean by (Are there any gaps in time in the validity period of your passports or travel documents during the past (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent?)
so I came to Canada in 2013
I got travel document in 2015
applying citizenship in 2017
should I say yes or no to that question
You came to Canada in 2013 - I assume you had a passport from your origin country.
When this passport expired did you renew?
They want to know if there is a gap between the expiration of a passport and you getting a new one.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Panda13 said:
I don't have my old passport, because they took it when I made Canadian travel document.
my friend the key word here will be explaining why you had a gab ,,
I had this issue when I was applying and the gab was about 2 years but I had both passports the old and the new ,,,, just writ to them
best of luck

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Panda13 said:
I don't have my old passport, because they took it when I made Canadian travel document.
If your Canadian travel document start date is well before the date of expiry of the old passport then you have no gap.
All they look for is within the last 6 years you have valid passports/ travel document for all through. Even if you have gaps,
no sweat, you say answer yes to the gaps and explain why...

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
Can anybody Help me to understand

" I am going to apply for Canada Citizenship but one question My son's passport will expire soon ( Last week of June 2017) Do I need to renew the Passport or I can Apply with this passport?

Advance appreciation for help.

Thanks
Anwar

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
when i submitted my documents for citizenship my passport expiration date was March 23, 2017
and there was no problem in my side regarding the documents

thanks

anwar405z said:

" I am going to apply for Canada Citizenship but one question My son's passport will expire soon ( Last week of June 2017) Do I need to renew the Passport or I can Apply with this passport?

Thanks
Anwar

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
anwar405z said:

Thanks
Anwar
If you apply before the last week of June, you should be fine. If you do apply well after, let's say Sept 2017 and you have not got a new passport. You could still apply for citizenship, just let them know your passport expired and that you are in the process of renewing the passport or that you have no plans to leave the country and will wait for the Canadian passport... Just that all gaps need to be explained.

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
Hello Everyone

I would be applying for Canadian Citizenship application soon. But I have some confusion. There is a section 6E in the application form that asks for addresses for the last six years. I visited my home country to visit my parents for two months only once. So do I have to include the address where I stayed for two months when visiting my parents.

The section 6E says to list all the foreign addresses as well if you were residing or studying or working outside Canada. But I am confused as I only visited for two months to see my parents. Does visiting and residing means the same. Please can anyone clarify.

Thanks

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Smile Forever said:
Hello Everyone

I would be applying for Canadian Citizenship application soon. But I have some confusion. There is a section 6E in the application form that asks for addresses for the last six years. I visited my home country to visit my parents for two months only once. So do I have to include the address where I stayed for two months when visiting my parents.

The section 6E says to list all the foreign addresses as well if you were residing or studying or working outside Canada. But I am confused as I only visited for two months to see my parents. Does visiting and residing means the same. Please can anyone clarify.

Thanks
A visit, even for 2 months at a stretch doesn't mean a change of address. So your address remains the same. But you need to include the visit when you calculate physical presence...

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
cprak0 said:
A visit, even for 2 months at a stretch doesn't mean a change of address. So your address remains the same. But you need to include the visit when you calculate physical presence...
Thanks for your reply. I understand now