Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
I have perhaps a bit of a dumb question.
I am applying for Canadian citizenship online an there is a section related to the Income Tax where I need to provide the 9-digit number you use to file your income taxes with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
There is only one field available so I have inputted my most recent SIN .
However I had some years as a temporary worker which I have filled my tax using the temporary SIN.

Do I need to provide these temporary SIN as well? There is no field in the application form to input those.

Thank you for your help in advanced.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
You can create a short letter (ms word/pdf file) and attach it on the additional documents section and explain that you had a different SIN before. Easy.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I am applying for Canadian citizenship online an there is a section related to the Income Tax where I need to provide the 9-digit number you use to file your income taxes with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
However I had some years as a temporary worker which I have filled my tax using the temporary SIN.

Do I need to provide these temporary SIN as well? There is no field in the application form to input those.

Questions are not dumb!! You don't need to provide previous SIN as they are linked to your new one! Good luck on your application

Reactions: Cherry Kola

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

No need to provide old sin . Just provide your current sin number which you got after your PR status. Your Okd sin is automatically linked to your permanent sin number.

Reactions: Cherry Kola