+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen

rivasa

Jul 3, 2014
I became a Canadian Citizen Today, It was really Nice to meet 92 New Canadian Citizens from Different countries of the world. The ceremony was so nice. I feel so blessed, and in two days i will apply to get my Canadian Passport. Thanks God for this blessing... :)

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivasa said:
I became a Canadian Citizen Today, It was really Nice to meet 92 New Canadian Citizens from Different countries of the world. The ceremony was so nice. I feel so blessed, and in two days i will apply to get my Canadian Passport. Thanks God for this blessing... :)
Congrats bud. Can you please share your timeline and your whole experience with test and oath? What was your test center. Would be much appreicted.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How was the test? Was is tough? How did you prepared? How long did the interview go for?

gccops

Dec 29, 2012
Congrats. I took canada oath along with my minor daughter today 06 Aug 2014. Will apply for passport by friday on urgent basis. I renounced Indian citizenship.

My question is Can I apply for Indian Surrender certificate and Student visa for my minor child on URGENT basis to reduce the time required from 3 weeks for surrender certificate and 2 week for student visa. BLS told me to try with CGI-Toronto. I plan to apply for surrender cert and entry visa for myself on Urgent basis. What are my chances of getting it? I have school proof to show them for my daughter. Plus my employment letter in middle east to show.

What is the alternative? Apply for tourist visa valid for 6 months - which does not need surrender certificate - BLS told me. Proceed to india and apply for OCI in India. Does anybody have any experience on OCI application in mumbai? In that case can I do the surrender certificate in India.

Typically how long does OCI take if applied from India. Do they keep the canada passport. Can I travel before expiry of tourist visa say to middle east, make another tourist visa and return to india.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gccops said:
Congrats. I took canada oath along with my minor daughter today 06 Aug 2014. Will apply for passport by friday on urgent basis. I renounced Indian citizenship.

My question is Can I apply for Indian Surrender certificate and Student visa for my minor child on URGENT basis to reduce the time required from 3 weeks for surrender certificate and 2 week for student visa. BLS told me to try with CGI-Toronto. I plan to apply for surrender cert and entry visa for myself on Urgent basis. What are my chances of getting it? I have school proof to show them for my daughter. Plus my employment letter in middle east to show.

What is the alternative? Apply for tourist visa valid for 6 months - which does not need surrender certificate - BLS told me. Proceed to india and apply for OCI in India. Does anybody have any experience on OCI application in mumbai? In that case can I do the surrender certificate in India.

Typically how long does OCI take if applied from India. Do they keep the canada passport. Can I travel before expiry of tourist visa say to middle east, make another tourist visa and return to india.
Cannot comment on the URGENT basis stuff, but what I can tell you is that if you apply for OCI in Toronto the whole process could take upto minimum of 3 months depending upto the workload and how proactive BLS employees are which is kinda unfortunate :(

If I would be you, I would get a visa to go to India and when I come back you apply for OCI in Canada. I would not apply for OCI in India or surrender anything in India, just to avoid any hiccups and for peace of mind.

gccops

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks ilovemma, the main point is my daughter studies in india, she got 3 weeks permission to miss school. just came here for the oath. I will try to meet CGI and do surrender+student visa or surrender+entry visa or if they permit just student visa/entry visa.

If they dont agree - then i will apply for tourist visa, I have 6 months time to apply for surrender certificate (can be done in canada)+OCI (in india).

Anybody has experience in canada passport holder applying for OCI in india?