+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen working is the US under TN.

osmosis

Mar 3, 2009
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen living in the US for 2 years now with TN visa.
My wife is not Canadian nor American. She holds a TD visa and we live together in the US.
Is it possible to start the process of Canadian permanent residency for my wife while we are living in the US ?

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

osmosis said:
Hi,
My wife is not Canadian nor American. She holds a TD visa and we live together in the US.
Is it possible to start the process of Canadian permanent residency for my wife while we are living in the US ?

thanks
Yes http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

PMM

Hubcap

Mar 3, 2009
osmosis said:
Hi,

thanks
You should know that the US is changing the regulations regarding the TN visas. I was on a TN for the last 3 years as a CSA and was just denied my renewal. I would suggest getting the process started as soon as possible so that your wife is not stuck in limbo.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
All you have to do is be able to demonstrate that you intend to resettle in Canada - so it's a good idea to start looking into housing and employment also. If your wife is still "legal" in the States, and her TN visa was issued originally for a period of at least one year, she can have her Canadian PR application processed through Buffalo. They're currently finalizing spousal applications in 3-9 months, plus a month at the CPC in Mississauga first to approve you as a sponsor.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
RobsLuv said:
All you have to do is be able to demonstrate that you intend to resettle in Canada - so it's a good idea to start looking into housing and employment also.  If your wife is still "legal" in the States, and her TN visa was issued originally for a period of at least one year, she can have her Canadian PR application processed through Buffalo.  They're currently finalizing spousal applications in 3-9 months, plus a month at the CPC in Mississauga first to approve you as a sponsor.
I think even if she was out of status right now, but she was originally admited for at least one year, then they could still apply. But I'm not sure if this information is 100% accurate.

birdwings25

Mar 1, 2009
Osmosis/Hubcap,

Sorry to intrude on the posting, but I think its useful if Hubcap provides some link to the TN changes you are referring to, for the benefit of Osmosis and for all.

Thanks.