Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

This is my first post on here, I need some advice on sponsoring my wife and our soon-to-be born child, our first child. I currently live and work in Kosovo, I wanted to find out would it be best to hand in my application in Vienna (Which is the embassy responsible for Kosovo applications to Canada or should I send in directly to Canada's process center?).

Also would I need to put my child, once born, on the application form with my wife for whom I'm filing out the application for to come as a spouse?

Thank you!

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
If you are cdn citizen your child does not need to be sponsored as he/she will be cdn by descent..you have to register the birth
can't help you with embassy but the cic site would give that info

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
you have to send the whole application to Canada - both your part and your wife's. They will review your application and if the approve your as the sponsor, they will forward your wife's part to the embassy that it needs to go to.
Since you do not live in Canada you will have to provided them with some proof that you will be returning to Canada once your wife gets her PR.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send it to CIC Mississauga. And you MUST be a Canadian citizen to sponsor your spouse while you are living abroad and provide proof of your intentions to settle in Canada upon obtaining PR for your wife. If you are a PR, you must be residing in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. If your wife is currently pregnant, you might want to wait until after the baby is born because your wife will be unable to complete all of the medical requirements at this time - X-ray.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your responses.

I'm currently living and working in Kosovo, so I will register our newly born here in Kosovo, but would I need to add my newly born on my wifes application? I would guess i should.

Also, I'm planning to return this january 2010, where i'll stay with a relative till i get a job and an apartment, so what other ways can i provide proof that i will return and restablish myself with my family in Canada? Also i wana put in my wifes application this october in hopes of her and the baby joining me in march/april 2010 date hopefully.. and based on the info i've read on the cic site, it's faster to send them to the Canadian Embassy that deals with the country of resident, in our case, Vienna, Austria which deals with application to Canada fro Kosovo.

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
no you don't put baby on your wifes app....baby will be CANADIAN...you will have to put baby on certain bits of paperwork, but you are not sponsoring your child, just your wife...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You also need to research the process for registering the baby. Go to the website for the embassy and find out how it's done and how long it takes. You need to do this as soon as you can after the baby is born.

Look, immigration is a big waiting game. And ALL of the i's need to be dotted and t's crossed. You need to know EXACTLY what you are going to do and when. This might take longer than you thought because you have a few things to get done. Research a lot and make sure you know what needs to be done and when. If it overwhelms you, consider hiring a lawyer or consultant registered with CSIC to assist you. Good luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of returning to Canada when your wife gets PR can include a job offer, acceptance to college, having arranged housing and if you have none of that, at least try to get letters from friends and family saying they know of your plans to move and a letter from the relative you are planning on staying with, stating that you have arranged to stay with them until you have found an apartment. Doesn't hurt to write something about your and your wifes plans once you get to Canada.

To register the baby for citizenship, you need to talk to the embassy after it is born and apply for certificate of citizenship. It takes about a year to get it but once you have applied for it, you should be able to get a temporary passport for the baby very fast so that will not delay them joining you in Canada.