Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
gcg000 said:
Did John McCallum reply?
Nope. The ones that did said that there was nothing they could do.

UA2014

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
None yet
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Interview........
28-09-2016
gcg000 said:
I know your story. how did the interview go ?
I believe the interview was positive, however we have another problem. After 2 years of court in Ukraine, we still don't have the proper papers from the court for my daughter. We have the decision declaring the father as "unable to be found" but we will have to return to court to apply for another decision. So we are consulting the lawyer. This is a very difficult thing to get from the court in Ukraine.

So we wait.

I wish you the best. Stay positive, stay in the moment and don't let the media reports mess with your head. I know it's hard when things are so unstable. I will be thinking of you when I am having a bad day. My wife and daughter are relatively safe for now.Thank you for asking about us when I know you're going crazy with worry.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
gcg000 said:
I'm a Canadian Citizen and I'm married to a Syrian national and currently living with him in the most dangerous country in the world Syria. It took us more than 4 months to gather the required documents for the application. Its a war torn country every thing seems to take forever here.
CIC just increased processing times for applicants from Syria from 13 to 15 months.
Now I have to wait 15 more months here to get my application processed.
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband.
I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness. I will not leave my husband alone even if it costs me my life.
You want to help refugees please do but after you finish processing the applications related to Canadians and their loved ones.
Please help me and tell me what to do? How can I reach out to the media?

Hi

Just wanted to ask . Did you file your application ? if yes, which visa office is processing your application now ?

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
UA2014 said:
I believe the interview was positive, however we have another problem. After 2 years of court in Ukraine, we still don't have the proper papers from the court for my daughter. We have the decision declaring the father as "unable to be found" but we will have to return to court to apply for another decision. So we are consulting the lawyer. This is a very difficult thing to get from the court in Ukraine.

So we wait.

I wish you the best. Stay positive, stay in the moment and don't let the media reports mess with your head. I know it's hard when things are so unstable. I will be thinking of you when I am having a bad day. My wife and daughter are relatively safe for now.Thank you for asking about us when I know you're going crazy with worry.
Did your write an appeal to expdite the processing of your application when you submited it ?

UA2014

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
None yet
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Interview........
28-09-2016
gcg000 said:
Did your write an appeal to expdite the processing of your application when you submited it ?
I did not know you could do that. How do you do that? You can PM me if you like.

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
gcg000 said:
I'm a Canadian Citizen and I'm married to a Syrian national and currently living with him in the most dangerous country in the world Syria. It took us more than 4 months to gather the required documents for the application. Its a war torn country every thing seems to take forever here.
CIC just increased processing times for applicants from Syria from 13 to 15 months.
Now I have to wait 15 more months here to get my application processed.
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband.
I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness. I will not leave my husband alone even if it costs me my life.
You want to help refugees please do but after you finish processing the applications related to Canadians and their loved ones.
Please help me and tell me what to do? How can I reach out to the media?
In all honesty, you can reach out to the media if you like but I don't know if it will do you any immediate good. I don't know your circumstances but would highly recommend if you can move to another country temporarily, it will help process your application faster and be safe for your family. I wouldn't jeopardize safety of my family over immigration and I am sure you agree with that too.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ra03ra said:
In all honesty, you can reach out to the media if you like but I don't know if it will do you any immediate good. I don't know your circumstances but would highly recommend if you can move to another country temporarily, it will help process your application faster and be safe for your family. I wouldn't jeopardize safety of my family over immigration and I am sure you agree with that too.
It's possible that the Minister could issue a directive. Unusual, but it's possible. If you notice on GCMS notes, there is a Ministerial Directive section.

I also would agree that perhaps they should relocate to Jordan where the processing office is..

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
profiler said:
It's possible that the Minister could issue a directive. Unusual, but it's possible. If you notice on GCMS notes, there is a Ministerial Directive section.

I also would agree that perhaps they should relocate to Jordan where the processing office is..
Is there a way to contact the Minster other than email?
Whats the point of me relocating to Jordan when my husband can't come with me. He needs a visa to enter Jordan and Turkey. Neighboring countries stopped welcoming Syrians long time ago.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
ra03ra said:
How would moving to another country help processing my application faster ?

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
I've debated saying something on this thread, but here goes. You are not stuck in Syria because of CIC, you are stuck in Syria because you want to be there, you have the option to go back to Canada, but instead, you actively choose to remain in a war torn country (not CIC's fault, but your own).

All of us want our applications being processed faster and we all have different reasons, so I don't think your case should get priority over all others. As well, you sound very entitled--living in Canada is not a right, it's a privilege.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
Romania85 said:
I've debated saying something on this thread, but here goes. You are not stuck in Syria because of CIC, you are stuck in Syria because you want to be there, you have the option to go back to Canada, but instead, you actively choose to remain in a war torn country (not CIC's fault, but your own).

All of us want our applications being processed faster and we all have different reasons, so I don't think your case should get priority over all others. As well, you sound very entitled--living in Canada is not a right, it's a privilege.
I chose to be in Syria with my husband and yes i do have the option of going back to Canada but my husband does not have this option and he will still be in great danger while your spouse will be hopefully safe in his/her country!
I don't want to get priority over other family sponsored applicants! I just want the same visa office not to process the applications of Syrian refugees much faster than mine! Do you think its ok for CIC to process privately sponsored refugees applications in 10 months while processing applications for Spouses living in Syria in 15 months?
Processing times for spouses living in Syria went up from 13 months last week to 15 months do you think this is fair? Why would a refugee residing in Lebanon get his application processed in 8 months where my spouse who lives in the same country these refugees fled from has to wait 15 months?

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
Well, no, that's not fair. However, the times for my country (Romania) went up because they started taking applications from countries in the Middle East. I was expecting my straight forward application to take no longer than 7 months, but now, it might take double that (hopefully not though, fingers crossed!)

Do you think I should also go to the media and tell me how unfair it is that my VO is taking other applications instead of focusing on mine?

As well, it pisses the s*** out of me that applications from the US and other "Western" countries are processed within 3 months or less, while applications from Romania, which is in the European Union, take over a year to process. How's that for unfair?

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
Romania85 said:
Well, no, that's not fair. However, the times for my country (Romania) went up because they started taking applications from countries in the Middle East. I was expecting my straight forward application to take no longer than 7 months, but now, it might take double that (hopefully not though, fingers crossed!)

Do you think I should also go to the media and tell me how unfair it is that my VO is taking other applications instead of focusing on mine?
Are you really comparing Romania to Syria?

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
gcg000 said:
Are you really comparing Romania to Syria?
Well, you just said you don't want your application being processed faster than applications from other countries, you just want yours to be processed at the same speed as those from refugees. So which one is it?