+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen Stuck with her husband in Syria because of CIC

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
I'm a Canadian Citizen and I'm married to a Syrian national and currently living with him in the most dangerous country in the world Syria. It took us more than 4 months to gather the required documents for the application. Its a war torn country every thing seems to take forever here.
CIC just increased processing times for applicants from Syria from 13 to 15 months.
Now I have to wait 15 more months here to get my application processed.
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband.
I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness. I will not leave my husband alone even if it costs me my life.
You want to help refugees please do but after you finish processing the applications related to Canadians and their loved ones.
Please help me and tell me what to do? How can I reach out to the media?

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
gcg000 said:
I'm a Canadian Citizen and I'm married to a Syrian national and currently living with him in the most dangerous country in the world Syria.
So CIC just increased processing times for applicants from Syria from 13 to 15 months.
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband. I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness.
You want to help refugees please do but after you finish the applications related to Canadians and their loved ones.
i guess they process syrian nationals appliction at jordan visa office

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
naveedali said:
i guess they process syrian nationals appliction at jordan visa office
According to CIC if the applicant is applying from Syria the processing time is 15 months up from 13 months last week please check it your self .
Also check processing times for privately sponsored refugees living in Turkey Jordan or Lebanon. Refugees managed to get the Canadian government attention more than a Canadian living in Syria the country these refugees fled.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
gcg000 said:
I'm a Canadian Citizen and I'm married to a Syrian national and currently living with him in the most dangerous country in the world Syria.
So CIC just increased processing times for applicants from Syria from 13 to 15 months.
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband. I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness. I will not leave my husband alone even if it costs me my life.
You want to help refugees please do but after you finish processing the applications related to Canadians and their loved ones.
Try contacting the CBC?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
gcg000 said:
How? I'm more than willing to do so.
Just a quick google search gave me the list of reporters at CBC Toronto: http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/contact/index-mix.html On the right side of the page, there is a link to send news tips.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
profiler said:
Just a quick google search gave me the list of reporters at CBC Toronto: On the right side of the page, there is a link to send news tips.
Thank you I will send them emails. Please if you happen to know a reporter help me talk to him/her.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
gcg000 said:
thank you i will contact them. Please if you happen to know a reporter help me talk to him/her.
If you send a news tip, you no doubt will hear from someone...

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
gcg000 said:
Please bear in mind that according to CIC it takes them 8 months to process applications for privately sponsored refugees residing in Lebanon or Turkey and 10 months for refugees residing in Jordan. I live in Syria the same country they fled yet my government cares more about helping refugees who already reside in safe neighboring countries more than they care about helping me the Canadian and my husband. I chose to come and live with my husband until we get our application processed and CIC must do something about this madness. I will not leave my husband alone even if it costs me my life.
Hunny I know how you feel. My husband is Iraqi nationality but was born in Syria. We got married in Jordan since he was too worried about me traveling to Syria. Since Jordan was so expensive we moved to Turkey. And now we are back in Jordan. I applied in April 2015 and still nothing. Granted your situation is much more because you are actually living in Syria but they don't care habibiti. I've sent emails telling them we will go broke because we are living in these boarder countries. I emailed John McCallum, the prime minister, the ambassador in Jordan, 2 separate MP and nothing. All we can do it wait and put our trust in Allah. Sabr because there is nothing we can do.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
Masriixo said:
Hunny I know how you feel. My husband is Iraqi nationality but was born in Syria. We got married in Jordan since he was too worried about me traveling to Syria. Since Jordan was so expensive we moved to Turkey. And now we are back in Jordan. I applied in April 2015 and still nothing. Granted your situation is much more because you are actually living in Syria but they don't care habibiti. I've sent emails telling them we will go broke because we are living in these boarder countries. I emailed John McCallum, the prime minister, the ambassador in Jordan, 2 separate MP and nothing. All we can do it wait and put our trust in Allah. Sabr because there is nothing we can do.
This is not acceptable. I might get killed while my government is busy helping others. They should expedite processing our applications especially if we the citizens are living there. They want to make sure we are in genuine relationship! I though risking my life to be with my husband is a solid proof! maybe getting me killed might help my case.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
Masriixo said:
Did John McCallum reply?

UA2014

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
None yet
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Interview........
28-09-2016
My wife and daughter are also refugees, IDP from Donetsk Region in Ukraine.

I don't necessarily agree with the resettlement process that happened in late 2015 and early 2016.
I think there was a lot done for the opportunity of "feel good" stories and photo ops. I read that many of those cases were people who went to third countries and had been there for a while. Some weren't even ready to come to Canada!

Please stay safe and I hope the process can move smoothly for those under a real threat to their health and well being. These processes have to change, but as we know government moves like a snail unless there is a benefit to fixing something quickly.

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
UA2014 said:
My wife and daughter are also refugees, IDP from Donetsk Region in Ukraine.

I don't necessarily agree with the resettlement process that happened in late 2015 and early 2016.
I think there was a lot done for the opportunity of "feel good" stories and photo ops. I read that many of those cases were people who went to third countries and had been there for a while. Some weren't even ready to come to Canada!

Please stay safe and I hope the process can move smoothly for those under a real threat to their health and well being. These processes have to change, but as we know government moves like a snail unless there is a benefit to fixing something quickly.
I know your story. how did the interview go ?

Megabuff

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
gcg000 said:
This is not acceptable. I might get killed while my government is busy helping others. They should expedite processing our applications especially if we the citizens are living there. They want to make sure we are in genuine relationship! I though risking my life to be with my husband is a solid proof! maybe getting me killed might help my case.
what a terrible situation for you. i pray it all works out for you.