+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen - Proof of intent to return

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
I was curious if anyone else had experience proving their Canadian citizen sponsor living outside Canada has intent to return to Canada.

In hindsight I should have asked this long ago before submitting, but more of a curiosity thing.
I'd also love some feedback on if my submitted evidence is strong or not.

I'm a Canadian citizen temporarily living outside Canada with my wife, and now plan to continue to stay until her application is finished. I've been gone about a year during this stretch of my absence.
I work remotely online for a Canadian company, and only hold temporary visitor status in the country I am currently in.

Here is what I submitted proof of:
- Affidavit explaining my understanding that I must return with my wife when she comes to canada, and explaining my current situation and intention when her application is complete. I included the address we plan to stay (family home).
- My Canadian driver's license in the province we plan to reside
- My car registration in the province we plan to reside
- Car insurance that I have on my car
- Proof of my bank accounts in Canada
- Proof of my investments and RRSP in Canada
- Work contract that shows that my business is in Canada
- Employment letter states that I have been allowed to work remotely temporarily, and that I will be working full-time in Canada when I return
- Affidavit from family members in our house in Canada stating their knowledge of my intent to return to our home, and their permission to allow us to stay there when we first arrive until we find our own place.

Strong/Weak/So-so?
Would love to hear of other things people have submitted. :)

Reactions: Bagofnails

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Wow yeah you should be good. I'm a little more nervous as I too am living outside of Canada. I'm a US PR right now, and the only thing I have back in Canada right now is a bank account that has nothing in it (well my chequing anyways). I'm scared to show it cause my mom uses it to pay bills so it would look strange so I'm not including it in my package. (Its a joined account)

All I have is my word basically and a letter from my mom stating she will house us upon return. I'm a little nervous that won't be enough. I'm not a skilled worker or anything just entry level so I have no proof that I'll be employed. I might make a separate thread for this since we plan to submit our application on Friday.

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Wow yeah you should be good. I'm a little more nervous as I too am living outside of Canada. I'm a US PR right now, and the only thing I have back in Canada right now is a bank account that has nothing in it (well my chequing anyways). I'm scared to show it cause my mom uses it to pay bills so it would look strange so I'm not including it in my package. (Its a joined account)

All I have is my word basically and a letter from my mom stating she will house us upon return. I'm a little nervous that won't be enough. I'm not a skilled worker or anything just entry level so I have no proof that I'll be employed. I might make a separate thread for this since we plan to submit our application on Friday.
Interesting. Well I hope someone else can give you some good advice on that. My only suggestion would be to notarize the letters.

Shortbrunette

Aug 17, 2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
We included letters from my mother and my two brothers who are living in the province we want to move to, stating we can stay with them, as well as letters from the PA’s parents and conversations from our friends telling them the sponsor is moving back home/PA will follow soon after immigrations goes through.

I also sent emails that we’re looking into job posts in Canada, as well as an email sent to a dog breeder looking for a dog in late 2019/2020.

Also we wrote a letter stating how much money we’re taking into Canada and a basic budget of how much we need to live each month, showing how long we could survive without jobs, but that we also have resources that could help us find work too.

I think that was it for the most part, we tried to emphasize more than anything that we’re making the move because we want to settle and have a family in Canada because we would have more support here...

So far so good, we received AOR2 a few days ago!

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
We just sent our package few days ago, they should receive it today or tomorrow, exciting!

We apply outland too, my husband is Canadian and the sponsor, I am from Belgium. We are currently living in Luxembourg. We are under european laws here so I am a resident in Luxembourg and my husband is a permanent resident (doesn't need an application or anything, just our marriage certificate and his passeport, this is crazy comparing to the application we sent to Canada ;) )

My husband is from BC and his parents have 2 companies, it is planned that he will take over both of them when we get back.

So as a proof, we submitted :
- Letter from his dad saying he will take over in October 2018
- An article from a magazine where his dad says he will pass the companies to his son
- Letters from his mom and my best friend saying we will live at his parents, including the address on his mom's letter.
- Facebook screenshots showing our plans to return
- Bank accounts statements from Canada
- A letter explaining why we decided to spend this time in Europe
- We also added, but not sure if they will use them, my english and french official test, and my resume - Showing I can speak both languages and with my degree I will have no problem finding a job.
- And my old Canadian visa, I spent a year under the working holiday visa program, as well as 3 visitor visas, 6 months each.

What do you think? Is it strong enough?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
We just sent our package few days ago, they should receive it today or tomorrow, exciting!

We apply outland too, my husband is Canadian and the sponsor, I am from Belgium. We are currently living in Luxembourg. We are under european laws here so I am a resident in Luxembourg and my husband is a permanent resident (doesn't need an application or anything, just our marriage certificate and his passeport, this is crazy comparing to the application we sent to Canada ;) )

My husband is from BC and his parents have 2 companies, it is planned that he will take over both of them when we get back.

So as a proof, we submitted :
- Letter from his dad saying he will take over in October 2018
- An article from a magazine where his dad says he will pass the companies to his son
- Letters from his mom and my best friend saying we will live at his parents, including the address on his mom's letter.
- Facebook screenshots showing our plans to return
- Bank accounts statements from Canada
- A letter explaining why we decided to spend this time in Europe
- We also added, but not sure if they will use them, my english and french official test, and my resume - Showing I can speak both languages and with my degree I will have no problem finding a job.
- And my old Canadian visa, I spent a year under the working holiday visa program, as well as 3 visitor visas, 6 months each.

What do you think? Is it strong enough?
That's probably more than strong enough (though I make no absolute guarantees because CIC can be crazy sometimes!)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Sounds very strong to me. Only other thing I would suggest is to draft a 2 - 3 page narrative of your overall game plan for precisely HOW you intend to move, where you will live for a while and why, how you will find a job, how you will fund your living in Canada until you do, where you plan to live longer terms etc. Basically to show that you have thought everything through and the 'evidence' you send should support your plans.