05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
O.K . Thanks for your help!
If she is a citizen from one of these countries http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp and she is under 30 (or 35) she can still apply for a WH visa which grants her the right to study and work for one year or longer, once in Canada, the labor market is pretty good in most locations so getting a work visa afterwards shouldn't be too much of an issue for her and that's a direct path towards permanent residency.

nathan lavery

Apr 14, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if someone may have expertise or first hand experience of my Situation.

I am a Canadian Citizen through my mother being born in Ottawa (I have never lived in Canada though born and raised in England)

I have a Canadian Citizenship certificate and my passport application is currently being processed as I type this message.

My question is once I get my passport can I simply move to Canada?
My Fiancé is Canadian and lives in Ontario and I will be moving in with her as soon as I arrive.

I understand about applying for my SIN once in Canada and getting private health as i Apply for OHI.

I have seen some suggestions online that i need to fill out some form of declaration form for customs on arrival in Canada?

All I would be bringing is the standard items one would take when going on holiday and relevant documents so i don’t think i really have anything to declare ?

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated
Thank you.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, once you get your passport, you can simply move. When you arrive in Canada, if you're not given a record of entry as a Canadian citizen, ask for one.
You'll likely need it years from now when you apply for Old Age Security and they ask you to prove when you arrived. When I entered at a land border, I had already prepared a list of items I was entering with and their value (not the original cost, but the used value in Canadian dollars). Of course, I was coming across with a moving van filled with all the contents of my previous home. Anything on the list enters free of tax, but if you want to go back and get something to bring in later, and it's not on a list of things to follow, then you may be taxed on the new things. If I were you, I'd make a list (even if its small), just so you won't be held up when entering.