+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen, living in the USA, wanting to sponsor. QUESTIONS!

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
If I'm a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, I know that I can still apply to sponsor my husband. BUT, here are the questions I have…
1) Do I still include an original option C printout from the Canada Revenue Agency?
2) Do I still include proof of employment/proof of income?
3) How do I show that I meet the minimum income requirement if I'm going to be moving from my job in the USA?
4)What evidence can I submit as proof that I intend to live in Canada once my spouse becomes approved?

Hellllllp me… Please!

Thanks all.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
cillyx5 said:
If I'm a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, I know that I can still apply to sponsor my husband. BUT, here are the questions I have...
1) Do I still include an original option C printout from the Canada Revenue Agency?
2) Do I still include proof of employment/proof of income?
3) How do I show that I meet the minimum income requirement if I'm going to be moving from my job in the USA?
4)What evidence can I submit as proof that I intend to live in Canada once my spouse becomes approved?

Hellllllp me... Please!

Thanks all.
1. You dont need to if you have been working in the US for a few years (we did just in case) it gives details on the document checklist about this.
2/3. There is no minimum income requirement but CIC want to know that you can support yourself and your spouse when you move back and that you are not going to require welfare to support you. We included pay stubs etc to show income.
4. We just received an email asking us for more info on this exact point. If you have a job offer, mortgage, or have secured a place to rent these are good. Alternatively if you have emails or some proof that you have been searching for a place to stay or enquired about possible jobs this would also help. We are getting friends to write letters and sending some emails over the course of the last year talking about moving back. Letters from relatives would also help if they are supporting you to get settled.

Good luck!

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
1) I didn't see any details about the option C printed from Canada Revenue Agency in the document checklist. I'll review it.
2/3) When you said you included pay stubs and etc to show income, were those paystubs and such from the USA? I'm just not sure that they'll care about how much I was making in the USA, as it'll be totally different in Canada.
4) Sweet, I can totally do all that.

Thanks for the reply.

Good luck to you guys.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
ps. Any other Canadian citizens who are currently living in the US have info on their application? I'm a sponge that's hungry for info/updates/pointers!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cillyx5 said:
ps. Any other Canadian citizens who are currently living in the US have info on their application? I'm a sponge that's hungry for info/updates/pointers!!
there's a lot of threads written about this. instead of using the search function (that doesn't really produce great results), try scanning the first 3-5 (or more) pages on this forum. you are bound to find threads dedicated to this topic.