Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Hi we are in the process of filling out forms for spousal sponsor. I was born in the uk but have canadian citizenship as my mother was born in canada and I want to sponsor my wife so we can both move to canada (my wife was born in uk). There was a few things we wanted to double check before we send the application. Any help would be much appreciated as after hours of searching the internet nothing seems to answer these....

1. Although I have a citizenship certificate do I also need to apply for a canadian passport before I apply or is it ok that I just have a british passport

2.On form imm5540 it asks for employer for the last 5 years and the monthly salary. Will they make a judgement on my suitability to sponsor based on this as that obviously wont be my salary when living in canada?

3.On form imm5540 it asks if I am a naturalized or permanent resident...do I choose neither and put I am a citizen from decent or just choose the naturalized option?

4.Also neither one of us has been to canada yet, would this affect our application?

5.ive seen lots of different average process times on forums for outland applications but all are out of date. Anyone applied late 2013 early 2014 who can advise?

Thank you in advance for any advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Citizenship certificate should be fine.
2. No - this shouldn't be an issue.
3. No - don't pick naturalized since you're not a naturalized citizen. Choose neither.
4. Yes - this could be a problem. To be approved, you will need to demonstrate that you plan to relocate to Canada as soon as your wife's PR status is approved. This will be more difficult for you to prove if you've never been to Canada. Typically people prove this by showing they already have assets in Canada, or a place to live in Canada, or a job waiting for them in Canada. So you'll have to think about what proof you can provide to show that this is your intention.
5. Join this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.13605.html

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ringlands said:
4.Also neither one of us has been to canada yet, would this affect our application?
Scylla is absolutely correct on all the points you raised, but out of curiosity, why would you want to move somewhere you've not been to before? Wouldn't it make some sense to visit Canada to make sure you actually like being there before investing all that time and money to relocate?

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
Ringlands said:
Hi we are in the process of filling out forms for spousal sponsor. I was born in the uk but have canadian citizenship as my mother was born in canada and I want to sponsor my wife so we can both move to canada (my wife was born in uk). There was a few things we wanted to double check before we send the application. Any help would be much appreciated as after hours of searching the internet nothing seems to answer these....

1. Although I have a citizenship certificate do I also need to apply for a canadian passport before I apply or is it ok that I just have a british passport

2.On form imm5540 it asks for employer for the last 5 years and the monthly salary. Will they make a judgement on my suitability to sponsor based on this as that obviously wont be my salary when living in canada?

3.On form imm5540 it asks if I am a naturalized or permanent resident...do I choose neither and put I am a citizen from decent or just choose the naturalized option?

5.ive seen lots of different average process times on forums for outland applications but all are out of date. Anyone applied late 2013 early 2014 who can advise?

Thank you in advance for any advice
Hi you are setting your selves up for a refusal, as Eowyn said, you should visit first, then in my oppinion you should move to Canada get a job and then apply, because it will be too dificult to convince an officer that you intend to come here to live.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Thanks for the reply. We intend to visit canada in january 2014 then send in our application. As we have both lived in uk all our lives could we still be accepted? My husband doesnt want to move their first without me as we do not want to be apart. Plus if we were to not be approved he will have his job etc in uk. Thank you!!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, you'll need to provide concrete proof that you plan to move to Canada once PR is approved. Visiting Canada once won't prove this.

Can you start speaking with potential employers now and show proof (e.g. emails) that they would be willing to consider hiring you once you arrive?

Maybe engage a real estate agent and start discussions about what you would buy / rent once in Canada?

CIC will be looking for hard proof. You need to come up with some.

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
Ringlands said:
Thanks for the reply. We intend to visit canada in january 2014 then send in our application. As we have both lived in uk all our lives could we still be accepted? My husband doesnt want to move their first without me as we do not want to be apart. Plus if we were to not be approved he will have his job etc in uk. Thank you!!!!
You cann apply outland and still be togther in Canada, you would not have a problem extending your visa for a year.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Thank you everyone. Im starting to build a better picture of what we need to do. If we applied outland while both in canada and I extend my visa for a year.... surely immigration at the airport would question me as to show plans on returning to england. My employer would not let me keep my job position open 'just in case.'

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
Ringlands said:
Thank you everyone. Im starting to build a better picture of what we need to do. If we applied outland while both in canada and I extend my visa for a year.... surely immigration at the airport would question me as to show plans on returning to england. My employer would not let me keep my job position open 'just in case.'
Once you extend your visa it is easy to re enter Canada. When you first enter Canada with your husband, just tell them what your intentions are, but have a return ticket. If you are really serious about coming to Canadaand you dont have any big red flags, you should not have a problem being sponsored by your husband.