canadian citizen and want to sponsor my 2.5 years old daughter

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone.
i want to ask some questions and would appreciate if u guys reply asap.
i am canadian citizen myself and got the citizenship through my father so i am now called 2nd citizen, so as my daughter is not born in canada and here in pakistan so i have to sponsor her.
so i wanted to knw about the procedure in details since i am a single mother and do not have any spouse or common law partner so what about the forms on cic? what forms do i specifically have to fill on behalf of my daughter and secondly is there any financial obligation to sponsor a dependent like do you have to show any bank account or do u have to be financially strong or something like that,, and third thing is that there is no photo specification written there on the website that what should be the size of photos and how many do u need to send for sponsorship? plzz help me i want sponsor her asap. i also applied for her TRV but it was refused because she doesnt has any home ties here in pakistan and they are afraid she wont come back. plzzz help me!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Your daughter may qualify to be a Canadian citizen already. Do the online assessment to find out. If this is the case then you do not need to sponsor her, only apply for her citizenship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp
Click start here, and answer the questions.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
sumaira19 said:
hello everyone.
i want to ask some questions and would appreciate if u guys reply asap.
i am canadian citizen myself and got the citizenship through my father so i am now called 2nd citizen, so as my daughter is not born in canada and here in pakistan so i have to sponsor her.
so i wanted to knw about the procedure in details since i am a single mother and do not have any spouse or common law partner so what about the forms on cic? what forms do i specifically have to fill on behalf of my daughter and secondly is there any financial obligation to sponsor a dependent like do you have to show any bank account or do u have to be financially strong or something like that,, and third thing is that there is no photo specification written there on the website that what should be the size of photos and how many do u need to send for sponsorship? plzz help me i want sponsor her asap. i also applied for her TRV but it was refused because she doesnt has any home ties here in pakistan and they are afraid she wont come back. plzzz help me!
I sponsored my dpendnt child. You don't have to show any specific income or job to sponsor her. But you have to describe how you are going to provide basic needs for your child. You can download the country specific form from www.cic.gc.ca website. You will get all the information. All the best with your application.

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she is born after april 19 2009. her date of birth is june 6 2009. so i have to sponsor her then. but i live in pakistan so do i have to use that form because when i opened that form it has so many thing that doesnt imply on her. so tell how did u apply for ure child and what process? photo specifications and everything documents and other stuff?

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what should be the size of photos and how many photos do i have to send? and along with what documents?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Have you ever been to Canada? Were you a permanent resident? Were you born in Pakistan?

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Based on your post, it is my understanding that you live in Pakistan. As a citizen you can sponsor from another country while not living in Canada, but you will have to show proof of your plans for moving back to Canada and establishing yourself in Canada. (Accommodation, employment, etc.)

From your post it is not clear if you have ever actually lived in Canada. Since you got citizenship through a parent, your child cannot automatically get citizenship.

You will also likely need to prove that the father of the child is okay with you taking her out of Pakistan, or prove that the father is not in the picture in any way and has no right to the child. From the country-specific guide for applying: If you are a guardian for minor children, you must include proof of unconditional guardianship or custody by the relevant local court as proof that the child(ren) can move to Canada on a permanent basis. If applicable to your situation, please provide photographs of the guardianship ceremony and related celebrations

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i hold the custody of my child and i have the legal papers as well.. so thats not an issue.
and i have lived and studied in canada as well..and my brother is working at walmart there so i have no issue in getting a job because the job is just waiting for me there..so that is all clear from my side

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am canadian national since 1998 and i got the citizenship through my father..and i have studied and lived there as well..and i have a good travel record as well, but the only issue is with my daughter she is born in pakistan and i cnat forward my nationality to her,,,so i asked the embassy they said i have to apply for her permanent residence so i just want to knw the procedure as its not clear on the cic website.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am canadian national since 1998 and i got the citizenship through my father..and i have studied and lived there as well..and i have a good travel record as well, but the only issue is with my daughter she is born in pakistan and i cnat forward my nationality to her,,,so i asked the embassy they said i have to apply for her permanent residence so i just want to knw the procedure as its not clear on the cic website.

Since you got your Canadian Citizenship on 1998 and your daughter was born on April 2009, I dont see any problem taking her in Canada. You do not need to apply her for PR, you must apply her for Canadian Passport in Canadian Embassy instead, because she's Canadian by birth eventhough she was born in Pakistan. My only question is.. did you declared on her birth certificate that you are Canadian Citizen... if your answer is YES, absolutely you have no problem, but.. if NOT DECLARED you will jeopardize her Canadian Citizenship and this time you need immigration lawyer to help you.

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doesnt the new law says that the canadian citizens who are not immgrant and naturalized canadian cannot fwd theeir citizenship..i applied for her citizenship certificate but it was refused and they said that i have to apply for her permanent residence.
and over here there isnt any such question dat asks about parent's nationality.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I just posted a question about this last week in the citizenship folder. I think it will clear up some questions.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/first-generation-limit-to-citizenship-by-descent-t96137.0.html

Here is Leon's explanation of the regulations from that post.

1. If the baby is born in Canada, it is always Canadian.

2a. If the baby is born outside Canada but at least one parent is either a naturalized citizen or a born citizen, they can get a citizenship certificate for the baby as the first generation born abroad. However, when baby grows up, he or she will not be able to pass it to their children.

2b. If the baby in 2a. grows up and has a baby born outside Canada, it will not have the right to citizenship but if the parent is planning on moving to Canada, they can sponsor the child for PR. Once the child has PR, they can apply for the citizenship of the child and the child will then be a naturalized citizen.

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yup thats what i said i have to apply for her PR now.. so i jus want to knw the procedure. that would be highly appreciatable. everythng is not clear on the cic website thats y i need help from this forum.