+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian cell phone contracts

jonnylad

Aug 5, 2013
Hi guys. I'm heading out to Vancouver for 1-2 years on the working holiday scheme in approximately 2 months time. I'm looking for an affordable phone contract for 1 year and then i'll extend it if i do end up staying for the second year. Is this possible at all?

If not then i'll probably buy a second hand phone here in the UK first and then go for a sim only deal with data when i'm there. I'm assuming Canada has these plans on offer so how much am i looking at spending for about 600 mins, 500 texts, 1gb data? Any links to sites that outline the prices would be amazing!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jon

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Probably the best deal I can think of as far as NOT having to get a contract here is a company called koodo. The phone you don't pay the full price, It is under a tab. Which means there is a certain amount that you pay included in the monthly payment that goes to the phone. like 5 bucks or something, For example the phone is worth $300, There is a tab of up to 150. So you have to pay 150 to get the phone and the line. and the other 150 is paid through out the duration of how long you have the phone. So if by the time you are leaving Canada the tab is 0. You just need to cut the line and not pay anything. If there is some money left you have to pay that to cut the line. I think this is way better than signing a one year contract with more expensive payment and a problem of being tied up and having to pay off the rest of the contract.

anyways this is the koodo link.

https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html

compared to another big company like rogers. (probably similar prices with other big companies, bell, telus.)

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

Goodluck in your search!