+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada's plan for Faster Immigration

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi All,

I mentioned this in earlier post as well which i think was overlooked.

I applied for FSW in Sept 2007 through CIC London.

Just received Document Req. Letter couple of weeks ago.

It states in that "your application is part of current processing times of 40 months from the receipt of application", however your application is part of small group of files that has been selected for Fast tracking of immigration plans and to clear the backlog quickly as per Minister's ......... plans.

So they have asked me to send my updated docs. to Canadian Central Processing Office in Ottawa.

Letter further states that once you have sent ur docs., u'll receive a mail/email to confirm acknowledgement and also how long will it further take to complete your application.

Sounds good to me if they do it with all the applicants who are getting or about to get their letters to send updated documents.

That might make a difference of couple of months in processing of applications !!

Hoping for best !!

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Congratulations

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Hi All,

I mentioned this in earlier post as well which i think was overlooked.

I applied for FSW in Sept 2007 through CIC London.

Just received Document Req. Letter couple of weeks ago.

It states in that "your application is part of current processing times of 40 months from the receipt of application", however your application is part of small group of files that has been selected for Fast tracking of immigration plans and to clear the backlog quickly as per Minister's ......... plans.

So they have asked me to send my updated docs. to Canadian Central Processing Office in Ottawa.

Letter further states that once you have sent ur docs., u'll receive a mail/email to confirm acknowledgement and also how long will it further take to complete your application.

Sounds good to me if they do it with all the applicants who are getting or about to get their letters to send updated documents.

That might make a difference of couple of months in processing of applications !!

Hoping for best !!
Do you fall under one of the 38 occupations? If yes, then this could one of the main reason why your application was part of the selected group for Ottawa processing! Actually it's equally good, since the backlog is being reduced and some of us who DO NOT fall under the 38 list,might squeeze in,Hopefully!!!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
No, that's why it's more surprising that i don't fall under new 38 list. I applied as Network Admin (2271) which doesn't come under new NOC cat. Lets see how everything goes.

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
No, that's why it's more surprising that i don't fall under new 38 list. I applied as Network Admin (2271) which doesn't come under new NOC cat. Lets see how everything goes.
Have you already sent your docs to Ottawa as requested? So has to make a decision? Is Ottawa or your Local visa office in this case?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
I haven't sent docs yet as i'm still in process for that. Ottawa wasn't my local office, my local office as I mentioned is London but they have asked me to direct all queries and docs. to Ottawa now. No more dealing with London apart from any payments which will be processed in London.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Ahmadtajwer
I think you should talk to your visa office, before sending your docs to Ottawa processing unit. This is because i do not know why you have been selected and Ottawa is not your processing local office. I think you have to talk to other members before sending your documents there.
You do not have any file with them how are they going to deal with your case?

Well it is just my own opinion.

Canadaforall.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
I am in the same situation. I applied to the London office in 2007 and have now been asked to send my documents to Ottawa. The reason behind this is to select some cases that have been in process for a while. Based on our initial application and the information we gave them, they know that Ottawa can easily deal with our case, whilst London focuses on more complex cases, at least that is what we have been told, and hence why only a few have been selected to help out the London office.

I hope others that are in the same situation can share their thoughts. I am nearly done with all my documents, only waiting to have the FBI police certificate back, which I sent 3 weeks ago. Other than that, I have to find a notary public to certified my copies. I have until June to send everything but I hope to do it as soon as possible.

Regarding documents that need to be notarised... do bank letters need to be notarised or sending originals are enough? what about the letters that my HR department gave me and the job descriptions?

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
edupolo said:
Hello,
I am in the same situation. I applied to the London office in 2007 and have now been asked to send my documents to Ottawa. The reason behind this is to select some cases that have been in process for a while. Based on our initial application and the information we gave them, they know that Ottawa can easily deal with our case, whilst London focuses on more complex cases, at least that is what we have been told, and hence why only a few have been selected to help out the London office.

I hope others that are in the same situation can share their thoughts. I am nearly done with all my documents, only waiting to have the FBI police certificate back, which I sent 3 weeks ago. Other than that, I have to find a notary public to certified my copies. I have until June to send everything but I hope to do it as soon as possible.

Regarding documents that need to be notarised... do bank letters need to be notarised or sending originals are enough? what about the letters that my HR department gave me and the job descriptions?
Original bank letters would suffice..atleast that's what I produced.However requirements vary from office to office.Notarising will cause NO harm though...Hey edupolo,is this your first update request that you're preparing for Ottawa?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
You onlu need to notarise the copies if you want to, any originals, don't notarise them as they'll damage the original. Notary is for copies only.

popiston

Feb 5, 2009
ahmadtajwer said:
Well. Have you considered your other experienc in the last TEN years? Maybe one of them is in the 38 list. Or, you have worked or studied in Canada?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Actually neither of them are applicable on me, i haven't ever worked in occupation which is under 38 list or never been to canada before. All those people who received their update letters in Feb/March have got the same letters so ....... Hoping for best.