+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada's government toppled, elections in May

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada's government toppled, elections in May...
Ottawa: Canada's opposition defeated Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper's minority government in a no-confidence vote Friday over its alleged "abuse of power," forcing elections.
The adoption of the motion presented by the main opposition Liberals and supported by the separatist Bloc Quebecois and leftist New Democrats comes on the heels of a historic contempt of parliament charge against the Tories.
The three opposition parties mustered a combined 156 votes in favour of the motion versus 145 for the government's survival.
Harper is now expected to ask the governor-general on Saturday to officially dissolve Parliament, sending Canadians to the polls in early May.

Will it cause further delay, dilema in our immigration plans, issuing visas, new policies etc?? ??? ??? ??? ???

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
Each case will be assessed based on the criteria at point of application. Hence, criteria should not be affected in anyway.

I also doubt that it will slow down the process as much of the processes & infrastructure for handling PR cases are more "operational" issues rather than "policy" matters. well, my view only.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
This situation is not going to change staff strength or CIC policies & regulations at the Canadian missions abroad. Staff will continue to function as they are now. New goverment, when comes into power may tweak policies at that stage. Canada is the land of immigrants and will continue to need them to sustain its population and economic growth. Pls see following thread started by Qorax.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wonder-why-canada-needs-immigrants-t66557.0.html

Cheers..

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes was reading the news below......

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110325/110325_elxn_fed/20110325/?hub=CP24Home

Any idea/discussion the way the election/New Govt.could impart possible impact on CAN IMM and current processing strategies..... well probably wait & see would be the most appropriate answer...... lets hope for the best

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, elections are good as far as applicants (in waiting) are concerned. The present Govt. seems to be very much against new immigrants and not at all interested in clearing the backlong. They are up only introducing new systems (categories) for immigration. All categories of applicants should be treated equally. Some applicants have been in the queue for 7-8 years, without their any fault. They are suffering because of Govt's useless changes in policies. The old system is good enough and can go on. What data Govt. is giving is altogether different from the real picture there. What is the basis of policy making about immigration. Thousands of people and their families are suffering because of their baseless policies. May God give them Wisdom.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

charninder said:
Yes, elections are good as far as applicants (in waiting) are concerned. The present Govt. seems to be very much against new immigrants and not at all interested in clearing the backlong. They are up only introducing new systems (categories) for immigration. All categories of applicants should be treated equally. Some applicants have been in the queue for 7-8 years, without their any fault. They are suffering because of Govt's useless changes in policies. The old system is good enough and can go on. What data Govt. is giving is altogether different from the real picture there. What is the basis of policy making about immigration. Thousands of people and their families are suffering because of their baseless policies. May God give them Wisdom.
I am afraid you don't understand the politics in Canada.
1. It was the Liberal Gov't who lowered the points from 75 to 67 as an election ploy, creating the massive backlog we see today.
2. There were more immigrants "landed" in the past year than in the past 30 years.
3. Go back to the old system? Then if you don't mind waiting 10/15 years for your application to get to the top of pile.
4. Remember Immigration is for CANADAS benefit, not the applicant.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Need to know the effect of political change in canada. How this will affect CIC ?If new govt. comes ? What do you think who will win on May 02 ?

Please put some valuable views..

regards,
Mayank

PMM said:
Hi

1. It was the Liberal Gov't who lowered the points from 75 to 67 as an election ploy, creating the massive backlog we see today.
2. There were more immigrants "landed" in the past year than in the past 30 years.
3. Go back to the old system? Then if you don't mind waiting 10/15 years for your application to get to the top of pile.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

4. Remember Immigration is for CANADAS benefit, not the applicant. Important point for everyone to note. We need to explore options to make beneficial to ourselves.

Personally I don't think change in GOVT if any will change the immigration process radically.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

You have spoken so true my friend.

S

shibuya

PMM is a stalwart. His 10000+ posts on the forum is not a joke. He is a serious person who gives short but useful info.
God Bless you my friend.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Sorry beg to differ with your goodself Sir PMM.
Backlog was not created because of lowering of points. Backlog was created because the politicians did not use common sense to close the intake of fresh applications when they had sufficient applicants at hand to process.

2. There were more immigrants "landed" in the past year than in the past 30 years
Agreed. But after queue-jumping. What a shame.

No. Do not go back to the old system. No one is asking for that. Just to be treated fairly on first come first serve basis as promised. It is unfair for people to wait for 7/8 years when others (post feb 2008) are getting visas in 7/8 months.

Agreed. But being fair is or should be hallmark of any developed country.

pranx125

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
PB55, well said sir.

Mr.PMM does not understand the agony of waiting for 7-8 long years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I am happy that Mr.Jason Kenny is out of his job.

iloveYou!

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

very true

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranx125 said:
I am happy that Mr.Jason Kenny is out of his job.
You are likely to be disappointed after the election; Because of the way the Canadian voting system works at this time, you are likely to see the same government back in power.
Immigration will get tougher in future.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
You are likely to be disappointed after the election; Because of the way the Canadian voting system works at this time, you are likely to see the same government back in power.
Immigration will get tougher in future.
Yes the public opinion survey still shows in favor of Conservatives... So very likely no twist eminent!!!