+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada's 150th Year Anniversary - Who is becoming Citizen ?

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
Hello all:

I am one of those unfortunate people who are waiting for Bill C6 to become a law and be implemented to be able to apply for the Citizenship. I am qualified since December 2016 as per 3/5 rule however it would take me December 2017 to qualify as per 4/6 rule. If C6 would only implement by the end of year 2017 I stand to gain no benefit of it, rather my processing time might get affected at that time because of the rush of accumulated applicants who would be eligible with the implementation of C6!

Anyways that's fate, all I can do at this stage are two things:

1. Pray for a better deal for me with the destiny.. :)

2. Prepare and be ready to apply as soon I will be eligible either way. So I need advise on what all I would need to apply, i.e. what supporting and documents I need: What I need to have ready before I can apply, what I may need during the processing of my application and what I may need before taking the oath. I will appreciate experts providing me detailed insight

Thank you kindly

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wamapr said:
Hello all:

I am one of those unfortunate people who are waiting for Bill C6 to become a law and be implemented to be able to apply for the Citizenship. I am qualified since December 2016 as per 3/5 rule however it would take me December 2017 to qualify as per 4/6 rule. If C6 would only implement by the end of year 2017 I stand to gain no benefit of it, rather my processing time might get affected at that time because of the rush of accumulated applicants who would be eligible with the implementation of C6!

Anyways that's fate, all I can do at this stage are two things:

1. Pray for a better deal for me with the destiny.. :)

2. Prepare and be ready to apply as soon I will be eligible either way. So I need advise on what all I would need to apply, i.e. what supporting and documents I need: What I need to have ready before I can apply, what I may need during the processing of my application and what I may need before taking the oath. I will appreciate experts providing me detailed insight

Thank you kindly

I would suggest you to make sure you meet the language requirements before you apply and get ready. May be you can take the CELPIP test for citizenship.

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
user3000 said:
I would suggest you to make sure you meet the language requirements before you apply and get ready. May be you can take the CELPIP test for citizenship.
Thanks, is that ALL what i need??

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punkii said:
The new Citizenship certificate has 150 Years celebration logo on it. ;D
This is wonderful, something to remember 150th birthday of Canada by becoming Citizen. :D

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my CELPIP Scores. Listening 6, Speaking 7. One more step is completed for the Citizenship Application.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We completed our oath and became Citizens today. All the best for your application process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
We completed our oath and became Citizens today. All the best for your application process.
The 4/6 rule works well as it was supposed to. Took you 6 months to get citizenship.