N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
hellolondon said:
If this is the case with changing courses, it should be really very very difficult to change the level of study, from PG to masters? Is it not advisible ? Is there any other implication apart from the chances of losing money? Does these things really work out or should I simply go ahead with what I have?
Although your SP may have your school's name stamped; CIC clearly states that you don't have to modify your SP in case of changing school/program/level as long as it's valid (link given before).

The negative implications that you may encounter are: monetary loss, time and credit hours. For example, if one is starting his UG from September (Fall session); it may take few months in order to be accepted in different school. If you wish to remain a full-timer, you would probably join the second term as well starting from January. However, you would probably get to join your desired school from next Fall. So, you're losing time, all your course credit may not get transferred (so you lose money). There is also the hassle of moving and relocation.

Ontario Universities’ Application Centre: http://www.ouac.on.ca/

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
Rossei said:
Although your SP may have your school's name stamped; CIC clearly states that you don't have to modify your SP in case of changing school/program/level as long as it's valid (link given before).

The negative implications that you may encounter are: monetary loss, time and credit hours. For example, if one is starting his UG from September (Fall session); it may take few months in order to be accepted in different school. If you wish to remain a full-timer, you would probably join the second term as well starting from January. However, you would probably get to join your desired school from next Fall. So, you're losing time, all your course credit may not get transferred (so you lose money). There is also the hassle of moving and relocation.

Ontario Universities' Application Centre: http://www.ouac.on.ca/

hey

i heard that if ur college name is stamped as ONLY "XYZ insitute", that means its a restriction and u CANT change course or college without applying for a change in conditions of study to the CIC.

on the other hand, if ur SP says "XYZ or any other institute" then thats an open, unrestricted SP and u cant jump to any other course or college without any formalities with respect to CIC and ur SP.

Correct me if i stand corrected. thanks!

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
sumera.k said:
hey

i heard that if ur college name is stamped as ONLY "XYZ insitute", that means its a restriction and u CANT change course or college without applying for a change in conditions of study to the CIC.

on the other hand, if ur SP says "XYZ or any other institute" then thats an open, unrestricted SP and u cant jump to any other course or college without any formalities with respect to CIC and ur SP.

Correct me if i stand corrected. thanks!
CIC does not seem to say that anywhere..
what is the source of this info?

The link provided above says it all..

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
Sweetalker said:
CIC does not seem to say that anywhere..
what is the source of this info?

The link provided above says it all..

Hey

I heard this from a friend who got a SP three days back at Toronto and it specifies only the name of her Uni whereas another friend landed at Manitoba and his SP says "XYZ or any other institute"....so isnt the latter a restriction? Im assuming she may have clarified with the immi officer too.

Next, if what youre saying is correct and the former scenario doesnt imply a restriction....then how else does the IO impose a restriction/condition on ur SP?

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
bradshaw said:
HELLO friends...the last time i logged into canadavisa forum was the day i got my visa..its been two months ...Thought i shud share my experiences with you..
here we get almost anything we get in india..so dont care much about shopping.winter gears are best puchased here.the rates are almost same.dress are also very cheap...especially we get real steal offers from big brands like puma,reebok,aeropostale etc.
another thing i wanted to tell you is PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR COURSE selection..you simply cant change your course after coming here...some may tell its easy( consultants), but my experience is that it just dont happen...my friend lost all his money and is now clueless as he believed everythong his consultant told him.

select a asuitable course and a place where cost of living is less..bring money for your entire course from india for living.NEVER expect to fill your fees by doing part time.YOU HAVE NO CLUE about the hardships here.

i am thinking of writing a blog ...will post the link here a s soon as i finish it
Hi Bradshaw

Waiting for the blog link....

Nov 13, 2013
Hello All,
Which is better? staying in big cities like Toronto? or Small cities ? in terms of finding a part-time job and living expenses as well.
I'm thinking that big city will be far easier to find part time jobs. Am not I?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Natalia.tardily said:
Hello All,
Which is better? staying in big cities like Toronto? or Small cities ? in terms of finding a part-time job and living expenses as well.
I'm thinking that big city will be far easier to find part time jobs. Am not I?
Living expense is high
& more opportunities for part-time, survival jobs
in BIG cities.

Nov 13, 2013
I've got an offer letter from a college other than the college that I'm thinking more of start my course. So According to the above information, I can apply for Study Permit. and after I get the Visa, I change the course and the College.

Correct Friends?

If correct, It's amazing.

Nov 13, 2013
But, Should I pay the semester fees before I apply for the study permit online?
And How much I have to shoe in my Bank Statement ?
Someone told me I have to show I have all the program fees for the all 3 years. !!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Natalia.tardily said:
But, Should I pay the semester fees before I apply for the study permit online?
I thought you apply for TRV(Student) after getting an LOA. An SP is issued at POE when you land in Canada. Some people prefer to pay tuition in advance thinking that it creates better chances for visa acceptance. But it's not mandatory.

And How much I have to show in my Bank Statement ?
Someone told me I have to show I have all the program fees for the all 3 years. !!!
You have to show minimum 1 year fees+living expense. But again, the more the merrier!