+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada work visa rejection

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
Hello Team
I Got my Canada study visa 2017 and my college starting date was 7 January 2018. my visa was valid for Dec 2020
I did not attend the college and I Registered my marriage with my bf.
Then I applied for the work visa in the month of June,( i did not attend any college from the
period of janury to june) and I got the rejection today.
These comments are made by the visa officer.
[X] PLEASE NOTE: As per R222(1)(a), your status in Canada is valid until the expiry date listed
on your document or 90 days after the day on which the permit holder completes their studies,
whichever comes first. As you did not attend studies in Canada your status expired on 13
February 2018.
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada
submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of
the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on 13 February 2018
and your application was made on 26 Jun 2018.
[X] You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for
restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.
Please advice me what should I need to do here?
Your quick response will be much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Team
I Got my Canada study visa 2017 and my college starting date was 7 January 2018. my visa was valid for Dec 2020
I did not attend the college and I Registered my marriage with my bf.
Then I applied for the work visa in the month of June,( i did not attend any college from the
period of janury to june) and I got the rejection today.
These comments are made by the visa officer.
[X] PLEASE NOTE: As per R222(1)(a), your status in Canada is valid until the expiry date listed
on your document or 90 days after the day on which the permit holder completes their studies,
whichever comes first. As you did not attend studies in Canada your status expired on 13
February 2018.
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada
submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of
the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on 13 February 2018
and your application was made on 26 Jun 2018.
[X] You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for
restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.
Please advice me what should I need to do here?
Your quick response will be much appreciated.
Hi

You need to leave Canada. You failed to meet the requirements of your study permit and it was therefore revoked. You have no way to legalize your status within Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
hello sir ,
i have same question,my spouse want to come in canada by taking study visa and after coming to canada
if she want to drop the study and want to marry with me , is this possible ?
will she get the work visa ?
will the college return the fee which she paid to college ?

You posted this question above last year. So there was already planning on obtaining a study visa, come to Canada, under the pretense of studying, because that is what a Study Visa is issued for. Did not attend university/college, got married, applied for the work visa, which was then rejected. As per the letter you received from Immigration, you leave the country. The window to restore your status is closed, no method to reopen that window, and you are now being " requested" to leave asap. I would do what the letter states. With any actions there are repercussions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very confused is the bf a PR or citizen? What was the point of this whole exercise. And yes I concur, you have to leave Canada asap.

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
Hi

You need to leave Canada. You failed to meet the requirements of your study permit and it was therefore revoked. You have no way to legalize your status within Canada.
Hello Sir,
Thank you very much for providing this information. today i spend my whole day in different immigration agents...but did not got any solution.
Is there any way i can apply for TRP .. temporary resident visa ? if i got visa then i will stay otherwise i will leave the country and will come back after my BF got permanent resident.
His current status is student he just complete his study and now going to apply for work visa next month,..
please advice what should i need to do ?? do i need to leave the canada or need to apply for TRP...??
please reply ASAP

https://borderslawfirm.com/personal-immigration/out-of-status-in-canada/

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Sir,
Thank you very much for providing this information. today i spend my whole day in different immigration agents...but did not got any solution.
Is there any way i can apply for TRP .. temporary resident visa ? if i got visa then i will stay otherwise i will leave the country and will come back after my BF got permanent resident.
His current status is student he just complete his study and now going to apply for work visa next month,..
please advice what should i need to do ?? do i need to leave the canada or need to apply for TRP...??
please reply ASAP

You should leave Canada. You have no compelling case for a TRP. You knowingly violated the requirements of your study permit and tried to circumvent the system.

Reactions: karamsialka

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
You should leave Canada. You have no compelling case for a TRP. You knowingly violated the requirements of your study permit and tried to circumvent the system.
Thank you very much for quick response..
Am I eligible for applying TRP ??

Last edited:

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
Hello All
Please help me...
I decide to leave Canada I will inform to Canada immigration that am leaving.

So I have a study visa till Dec 31, 2020...
After moving back and if I got offer letter from any college or university, is there any possibility to come to Canada again on the same visa or I need to apply for visa again?
please reply...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Sir,
please reply ASAP

No - you need to leave Canada before you are removed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All
Please help me...
I decide to leave Canada I will inform to Canada immigration that am leaving.

So I have a study visa till Dec 31, 2020...
After moving back and if I got offer letter from any college or university, is there any possibility to come to Canada again on the same visa or I need to apply for visa again?
please reply...
Your visa has been cancelled because you didn't attend school. You would need a new visa.