Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
sttn said:
Go to UK.. see how they react on a brown or dark skin.. they dont even smile at another. all frustrated psycos..
Wow, I am pretty offended by that comment.

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
I grew up in Canada and have been in the UK for 8 years now. Besides all of the above, petrol is cheaper, bigger land and houses for the money, etc in Canada.

But on the other hand, things I will miss loads when I go back home are the good public transport (even though it costs), the smaller town, village feel and not having to drive everywhere. I will miss the fact that I won't be able to be outside in the spring/summer evening without being attacked by mosquitos, black flies, horse flies, deer flies and I will miss the mild winters and not overly humid, hot, sticky summers.

BUT, I am going back as I will be able to provide better and give give a better life for my kids. I have a very good career here and so does my partner, but we will be able to live comfortably there and not month by month as we do now. Of course, when we land on our feet and settle in!

I will miss the UK loads, but welcome home...

I think either way, alot of people have rose tinted spectacles on. Life is what you make it really! Best of luck to all. This forum has been a life saver! Just need that COPR to come through now!!!!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Dear friends I posted this question not to criticise Brits or Britain but I wanted to get sort of comparison between Canada vs. UK. It is unfair to generalize things by saying all Brits or all Canadians wherever you go you will find bad guys whether in UK, Canada or even Pakistan or India.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
I have dual Canadian/UK citizenship.... I lived most of my life in Toronto, but moved to London UK from 2008-june 2011. I have just returned to Toronto "For good" where I am sponsoring my boyfriend for perm. residence.

this was my PERSONAL experience:

i LOVED LOVED LOVED living in the UK for the first 2.5 years, thought I would stay there forever then one day it hit me, I need to be back in Canada, where people are friendlier, things are cheaper, you don't live paycheck to paycheck and aren't constantly worried about crime.

great thing about the UK, you can get on a train and be in an amazing magical city/town in a hour or more.... you can travel the entire UK very easily, which I did. you can hop across to europe very easily. I was able to travel europe extensively and cheaply while I was there, which was one of the reasons I stayed so long.

But, I feel much more relaxed in Canada. In London I had an aggressive attitude when riding the tube everyday to work, everyone is miserable, everyone is pushy and you constantly feel on edge. My family came to visit and my mum actually said "wow, you are so aggressive, where did this come from?"

also, a big plus...my boyfriend is now earning DOUBLE what he was making in London and he it incredibly happy here in Canada . (he is Australian)

cost... here are some comparisons for you.

in London we were living in a TINY TINY 1 bedroom flat that was a 10-12 min walk from the tube for £992 per month, plus our £30 per week on the tube, plus food of course.

toronto: large one bed apt with an amazing view of the lake, 3 min walk to subway $1200 and no subway for my boyfriend since ha can bike/walk to work.

the only thing that is cheaper in London is alcohol at pubs and in shops.....

not sure if this will help you at all, but these are some of my opinions.... let me know if you have any specific questions

ps- and yes, you can get marmite in every grocery store here mmmmmm. and bulk barn has a great selection of UK chocolates etc

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
also, good point from RSCMoore, coming back for a better life for your kids...

my parents left the Uk so that I could be born in Canada, I couldn't understand that as a teenager and wanted them to move back. but having been in the UK and worked as a elementary teacher in London, I completely understand!

I definitely knew that I couldn't stay in London forever because it isn't somewhere i wanted to raise children, and also I could never ever afford to own property there.

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Precisely. My partner is a teacher. He has the opportunity to raise our kids in Canada. He is all for it. Says a lot to me...

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
STILL CANADA IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN UK!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Still, all that said, I am happy to be English, and happy that I grew up there. It will always be my home.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
pinklady said:
Still, all that said, I am happy to be English, and happy that I grew up there. It will always be my home.
BUT STILL CANADA IS WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN UK..

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
i confess englend is the best place in the world .. i have bitter experince in canada . ..thams up for england long live england

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
zaig said:
i confess englend is the best place in the world .. i have bitter experince in canada . ..thams up for england long live england
BUT STILL CANADA IS THE BEST!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
bosss you will never hear is from any english official . i dont care .i know you are hundred percent right but i cant do nothing even it is under my hand . english never do so . you will never got beaten by english police . english judiciery is alot better then any other country no matter who you are in you deserves juctice they will give you justic . you wont find guns in english socity so commonly . immagin what immigrants are doing in england . if that number of immigrants does worng thing in your country how will you behave . english people do have a great heart . even if they refuse you for some job they will give you valid reason with so many sympathatic letters and will tell you do this and re apply
english home office is very very efficient and effective . check their processing time any where in the world they are active efficient on time and give you right of appeal .
if you want to know how much english care about human right just stop one day any afghanistani on the road who is on assyulm and he must come to england by walking . ask his views about english take my words he will say these people are much better then muslims and any country they passed in the way . try it and see

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
NO MATTER WHAT CANADA IS THE BEST! SOME ONES BAD EXPERIENCE WILL NOT APPLY FOR EVERY ONE! CANADA IS THE BEST!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
east or west england is the best . yes in current situation it is over crowded congested . littel land more papoulation exceding limits but still great heart .in canada when you go there all your big hopes will fall you all have to upgrade your degress no matter what you have got from your back home . even if you are doctor or engenier if you dont do top up drive a taxi . may be some computer or it professional gets some job . but there is nothing in canada apart from snow . i have done my degree in tourism and air transportaion . england is most famous place for tourist . who goes to canada fro visit .their are limited tourist activities available in canada . if any thing happens to you in england england take care about you if you dont have status still they will provide you health facility . in canada you even have to pay for health . and i know a very famous case a girl from japan migrated to canada she got cancer and canada refused to gave her nationality on that bases and i think they deported her because of that reason she had brain tumor .google it and you will find it or check it on you tube.
i love england . yes there is stress yess its a bit hard but yet lot of opertunities littel cold wather . one more thing you wont find mosqitous and flyies in england where in canada in summar u willl . enjoye

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
sttn said:
BUT STILL CANADA IS THE BEST!
Where are you from? Have you ever even been to England?