+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada vs India

saru_24

Jul 20, 2012
jatt-going-canada said:
bro..3000$ in india..sweet... thats like 15 times more than average salary there..
you are right about the quality of the life.. you can come here but prepare for a lot of struggle.. pay for hospitality job depends on who you work for... ofcourse you will have to start entry level and pay is minimum at most places.
if you are ready for it then my advice is get your skills upgraded by studying/working here..then buy out some restaurant :D

but me personally if i was making 3000$ a month in india..i would never come here
the thing that you are the boss there is HUGE.. indian experience is of zero value here...here you will have to start on entry level and listen to people's BS :D

i recommend you to read this guys story
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/joshs-post-a-must-read-for-all-applicants-t29510.0.html;msg171957#msg171957
Thanks for the suggestion specially the link which you sent, really heart breaking at the same time inspirational!!
I too feel that I must first do a course to upgrade, and then later acquire business once I get some hard core ground level problem.
And again every one has different requirement in life! Yes in India you can live a happy life with that money but quality of life specially in the city where I reside is getting from bad to worse,

saru_24

Jul 20, 2012
jatt-going-canada said:
The weather here is nice..and I like the healthcare system here..
Finding a job is not hard but finding a good one is.
I am starting school in September ...
I am not earning enough to save yet but living a nice life..
Some things are overly expensive here but meh..
Overall I am pretty satisfied with my life.
Weather is nice??? Which part of Canada are you at?
Wish you all the best for your schooling ,
Also hope you find a good job and are happy with it!!
All the best bro

Pripan

Sep 9, 2012
saru_24 said:
Weather is nice??? Which part of Canada are you at?
Wish you all the best for your schooling ,
Also hope you find a good job and are happy with it!!
All the best bro
If you are from India then weather is surely very nice!

saru_24

Jul 20, 2012
Pripan said:
If you are from India then weather is surely very nice!
Yup I am in India
The weather here in Mumbai is horrible
Temperature 32 degree Celsius with humidity factor making it feel like 40 degrees that's unbearable

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
jatt-going-canada said:
The weather here is nice..and I like the healthcare system here..
Finding a job is not hard but finding a good one is.
I am starting school in September ...
I am not earning enough to save yet but living a nice life..
Some things are overly expensive here but meh..
Overall I am pretty satisfied with my life.
You doing the right thing by studying, job aspect is always tough first but once you get educated and do co-ops etc, ( mainly, make connections - things start working )
How do you feel since the days of "waiting for passport stamp" - how priorities change once its over and we jump to the next level
Many in the parents forum are/were the same, once it was done - all are busy in their own respective lives
I will hopefully hang around to help others

Suvlam

Jun 2, 2014
I was making 3000$ a month in india , and i am making $5500 a month in Canada , but i still believe that $3000 in india was better.

1. Tax . Tax in india was around $500 , but in canada its $1700 per month
2. Rent - Monthly rent in india was $300 but in canada its around $1250 for a 2 Bedroom appartment
3. Groceries - Monthly around 150-200 dollar would be sufficient , in canada we need around 800-900 .Mobile/Cable / Internet in india costed around $100 for whole family , in canada it will cost more than $350.
3a. Car Insurance , you need to pay around 300- 350 per month for your car insurance . this will increase if you have any minor.major accident. IN india this amount was around $ 600-700 per YEAR

4. Weather - Weather in Canada is extreme winter cold . -20 is common , -5 is considered a good weather . consider it.
5. Job Opportunities :- if i start writing indian employing companies name , i will probably fill 30 40 lines easily , but in canada its very limited. The job market is very small .
6. Struggle :- specially for beginners , its a huge struggle . be ready to work as a mobile store boy , taxi driver , flipping burgers . even if you were a respected personality back home. it dont matter here . the structure is so well laid that they have to start like this. placement consultant will not consider you for a job if you dont have Canadian experience. that means if you are a java programmer and you have not done java programming in cold canadian weather , they wont consider you for a job , not even at lower level , or basic / entry level , not even at less pay . this is something like "you cannot enroll for french classes at my school because you dont know french .

Basically , search cost of living in your home city , see if you are making equal to or more than the average salary after taxes , or if you have any hope of reaching that level in next 2 3 years , you are still good there . dont loose your sleeps to come here . Even if you want to come , take a vacation of 1 month from your company , come here and see it for yourself . do not resign / sell home ,car /take children out from schools / just because you have got PR , if you are doing good in your home country. about quality of life ? you are basically moving from "one set of problems" to a different "set of problems"

The Grass on the other side is always greener , even when its not really green in actual .

I hope this on ground experience of past 1 year will help someone to decide.

Reactions: Kuchbhi