+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada vs australia

A

adnan_hsn

Well, thats your own choice but I have heard that Australians are more racist and unwelcoming towards new people coming to their country. And although they have better weather than Canada but the cost of life is not cheap at all. The question is not how easy/difficult is to immigrate to a new country, the question is are you prepared to take what that country has to offer you.

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
adnan_hsn said:
Well, thats your own choice but I have heard that Australians are more racist and unwelcoming towards new people coming to their country. And although they have better weather than Canada but the cost of life is not cheap at all. The question is not how easy/difficult is to immigrate to a new country, the question is are you prepared to take what that country has to offer you.
How can you say that the climate of Australia i better that the one in Canada? I for example prefer the climate of Canada. Also scientist say that the colder the climate is the better for human health, because in a colder climate less diseases are developed. It is known that bacterias and viruses that harm people's health are more resistant on heat than on cold. So....from this pint of view Canada's climate is better than Australia's, due to health reasons. And the human health is most important, isn't it?

However different people prefer different types of climate and we cannot put categories here.

PaulandAb

Jan 8, 2009
My two cents worth...

I believe racism is everywhere, be it Australia, Canada, the Uk, etc.. Australia has a nicer weather though, same work opportunities like Canada, same level of social benefits, but a little harder to migrate to, unlike Canada. If you prefer nicer weather and if you will qualify under the Aussies' immigration program it will be a good choice also...

A

adnan_hsn

valioiko said:
How can you say that the climate of Australia i better that the one in Canada? I for example prefer the climate of Canada. Also scientist say that......................... ... ............................. ... ................................. !!!

This is not a scientific forum where we discuss human health, and I was just giving my view. But if you think the cold and the wet is better then I'm sure you've already applied to either a European country or to Canada. Good luck.

A

adnan_hsn

valioiko said:
I am in a European Country.

Good luck to you too!
oh so u've already applied for 'Europe'. Well, I hope its not Bulgaria or Romania. And thanks a lot for the warm wishes.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Australia has both warm weather as well as cold weather ( Tasmania).

Canda has 3 months of bech weather.

So from a lifestyle Australia would be better.

However there is more racism in Aus than in Canada ( from my personal experience in night clubs in Sydney)

I woul have preferred Australia but since I am now in USA, I am leaning towards Canada if I have to move.

marjnyra

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lived in Australia for 5 years, now I'm in Canada, I agree with you. in my experience, Australian's are racist. I love Canada, people are friendly and approachable.

C

cchabert

Also check this:

"In Australia, there has long been a view that a bit of colour is both healthy and attractive, although new statistics may prove otherwise.

Australia has the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world and, on a national scale, more melanomas are reported in Queensland than anywhere else."

http://www.webwombat.com.au/lifestyle/health/skinc1.htm

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
I can expect high skin cancer in Aus becuase Ausies love to spend time in the beach and they get to spend lot more months at the beach than in Europe, North america

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
malli said:
Hello all

Please suggest me that which country is better Australia or Canada .
Australia equally good....................
It basically depends on where you want to go. My friend too had to choose between australia and
Canada. She opted for the former. She is quite satisfied in australia. Job prospects are equally good. Also the advantage of weather I guess.... Though I have not been to australia. Racism in its mild form exists everywhere..... But if you are in a field which is in demand in australia you should go there...what with all the relocation expenses and all............

Fazz

Oct 8, 2010
May i clearly know what is the best country to live. Canada or Australia?? Can anyone tell me?

Some says wheather is bad in canada. But i heard that in some part of the canada's wheather is high in the peak of winter. But cities like Vancouver, Toronto are got good wheather conditions. Actually what is the best city to live? Toronto or vancouver or calgary??

Which country is naturally beautiful?? And the salary status?

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Canada

1. Opportunities/potential - more than Australia
2. Proximity to USA - More scope
3. After initial struggle - better life
4. Less Racism
5. Cost of living low compared to Australia
6. Lower housing costs
7. Have to face extreme climate
8. Most of the International qualifications not accepted

Australia

1. Have to limit yourself within the Island
2. High cost of living
3. Racism more than Canada
4. Good climate - sometimes more temperature
5. International qualifications accepted

Above are some of the points, I noticed through various sites/forums etc. Others can comment, please....

Satish