+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada visitor visa from usa

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
hi, can anyone help please! my parents are travelling to USA to stay with my brother in a week, i plan to apply for their Canada tourist visa while they are in USA. they will be in USA for 5 months and will visit me after their USA stay. we initially planned to apply for their Canada visa from India but my mother injured her shoulder and had a surgery. so, she could not leave the house until her recovery period. they have visited both USA and Canada multiple times.

can i apply for their visa via new ircc portal? i did start the application and got really confused when it said current residential address ( filled USA address) and then ask same as mailing address. i believe it should be same ? really having a dumb moment here! what if their biometric request goes to Indian office. can you help me?

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
What did you end up doing? I might need to do the same shortly.
Hey! So I entered their usa address as current mailing address and current residential address. Received biometrics letter for both after applying. Their appointment is on the 13th. I can tell more once that is complete and application is processed further. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey! So I entered their usa address as current mailing address and current residential address. Received biometrics letter for both after applying. Their appointment is on the 13th. I can tell more once that is complete and application is processed further. Thanks
If they are visiting the US they are misrepresenting their addresses. Their mailing address can be the US but they aren’t living in the US they are visiting your brother and staying in his home temporarily. You should correct. Have you at least clarified in the application that their home is in India and they are visiting your brother in India?

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
If they are visiting the US they are misrepresenting their addresses. Their mailing address can be the US but they aren’t living in the US they are visiting your brother and staying in his home temporarily. You should correct. Have you at least clarified in the application that their home is in India and they are visiting your brother in India?
Yes, i have clarified. Also when you apply through the portal, it asks what is your current status in the country you are living in currently and i have selected visit + in the covering letter i have all explanation and documentation to support. My parents have travelled to usa and canada multiple times. Their canada visa is still valid as if now but wont be by the time they come here in november.

Priya Kothari

Jun 2, 2023
Thanks, good to know that's what I had done and then used to login with Option 1 - Sign in with your GCKey user ID and password.

Nov 28, 2022
I am not sure, if you really need a visa it says on Google as follows
Can I go to other countries while I'm in the U.S. on a B1 or B2 Visa? B-1 or B-2 visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I - 94 which you received when you first entered.

Nov 28, 2022
Can I go to other countries while I'm in the U.S. on a B1 or B2 Visa? B-1 or B-2 visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I - 94 which you received when you first entered.

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
Indian passport holders need visa to enter canada. I think above info is for certain passport holder countries.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You still need a TRV to enter Canada. A B1/B2 does not allow you to enter Canada.

You have completely misunderstood the statement above. All this says is that the US will allow you to re-enter within the period noted on the I-94 if you leave the country and return within 30 days (and your trip is to Canada or Mexico). This has nothing to do with what is needed to enter Canada. This is just about re-entering the US.

Again, you need a TRV to enter Canada. Canada and the US are two different countries. A US visa does not allow you to enter Canada.