+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visitor visa for parents taking too long

mmadhumitha

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,

My parents applied for visitor visa in 2021 in the old IRCC portal, they also did their biometrics (in Qatar as they were residing there). We didn't hear back on the application and then realized that IRCC had a new portal. They paid and applied in the new portal again (from India as they moved back home) in April 2022 but gave their old biometrics number since it was still valid. It has been 5 months since they applied in the new portal and we haven't heard back from IRCC yet. We have raised multiple web forms and tried calling IRCC and still no response. Should my parents apply again and this time get new biometrics done or try some other way to contact IRCC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very confused as to how to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My parents applied for visitor visa in 2021 in the old IRCC portal, they also did their biometrics (in Qatar as they were residing there). We didn't hear back on the application and then realized that IRCC had a new portal. They paid and applied in the new portal again (from India as they moved back home) in April 2022 but gave their old biometrics number since it was still valid. It has been 5 months since they applied in the new portal and we haven't heard back from IRCC yet. We have raised multiple web forms and tried calling IRCC and still no response. Should my parents apply again and this time get new biometrics done or try some other way to contact IRCC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very confused as to how to proceed.

Thanks in advance!
Did you get any response from your webform? When was the response. You shouldn’t send multiple webforms. If you’ve received a response to one webform then you can send another one but multiple webforms just creates more delays in the system.

mmadhumitha

Oct 25, 2019
Did you get any response from your webform? When was the response. You shouldn’t send multiple webforms. If you’ve received a response to one webform then you can send another one but multiple webforms just creates more delays in the system.
I always submit a new webform after receiving a response on the previous form. I get a generic response like "we are processing high volume of applications" but not a specific response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I always submit a new webform after receiving a response on the previous form. I get a generic response like "we are processing high volume of applications" but not a specific response.
That isn’t an actual response. That is just an automated response if people enquire about processing time. There is no need to keep sending webforms about processing unless you have a specific question unrelated to processing time. If your processing time is much longer than anyone else then you should contact IRCC but there are still others with similar processing times so unfortunately your application has a longer than average processing time.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
That isn’t an actual response. That is just an automated response if people enquire about processing time. There is no need to keep sending webforms about processing unless you have a specific question unrelated to processing time. If your processing time is much longer than anyone else then you should contact IRCC but there are still others with similar processing times so unfortunately your application has a longer than average processing time.
IRCC is only processing a very small minority of visitor visas. Most offices outside Canada are not processing visitor visas for now. They were instructed to focus on Ukraine and Afghanistan, students, PR and spousal sponsorships. You are not alone, and it doesn't matter the country you are applying from. Processing times posted on their website is no longer accurate; i have applications pending since October 2021. None of my web forms and direct emails yielded any results. So, be patient, hopefully now that all COVID restrictions are lifted, let's see if they would be reasonable to resume processing of visitor visa files.

Reactions: mmadhumitha

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019

IRCC is only processing a very small minority of visitor visas. Most offices outside Canada are not processing visitor visas for now. They were instructed to focus on Ukraine and Afghanistan, students, PR and spousal sponsorships. You are not alone, and it doesn't matter the country you are applying from. Processing times posted on their website is no longer accurate; i have applications pending since October 2021. None of my web forms and direct emails yielded any results. So, be patient, hopefully now that all COVID restrictions are lifted, let's see if they would be reasonable to resume processing of visitor visa files.

Jan 8, 2016
Quebec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Cebu
LANDED..........
11-30-2018
My mom submitted the application in the new IRCC portal on May 20, 2022 and just today September 30 she received the notice for medical exam. It takes more than 4 months.

co2020

May 31, 2020
My mom submitted the application in the new IRCC portal on May 20, 2022 and just today September 30 she received the notice for medical exam. It takes more than 4 months.
Wow Congratulations. It took 5 months. Medical for a visit visa? Was it supervisa she applied for?