+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Travel Document

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Have you looked at the application?

3. Proof of Immigration Status in Canada (see Instructions, section I)

To establish your immigration status in Canada, provide one (1) of the following valid documents (original only):
- Permanent resident card
- Notice of decision issued by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- Temporary resident permit
- Verification of status

yeas i did but i wondering what Notice of decision issued by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada they talking about? and i dont want to send my PR card

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canadatraveldocument said:
yeas i did but i wondering what Notice of decision issued by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada they talking about? and i dont want to send my PR card
If you don't know what the IRB is, then you haven't dealt with them and won't have such a document.

You either send your PR card or you don't apply for a Travel Document. Or you apply for a Verification of Status document, which takes 6 months to process.

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
If you don't know what the IRB is, then you haven't dealt with them and won't have such a document.

You either send your PR card or you don't apply for a Travel Document. Or you apply for a Verification of Status document, which takes 6 months to process.
thanks i was just confused didnt know which of them i should send

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
hi guys one more question i came here thru USA and applied Asylum and got my PR in 2014 ,so my question which travel document i will get 2years or 5 years?? please answer,and if you need more info to answer this question let me know

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
friend of mine before he got his citizenship this year ,last year he went to Turkey by canadian travel document, he got his Turkish Vsa Online but when he got there at Airport they didnt let him in they told him you have to go back and get Visa in Turkish consular. because this is not ordinary passport to get visa online, so he went to Germany Frankfort in turkish consular but still they did not give him visa and told him he should go back to Canada and apply there in turkish embassy or consular,any way he came back here he went to Toronto in turkish consular and give it to him,his mom was sick in turkey so he went back there,anyway where ever you go by travel document first contact that country consular or embassy,.and my friend said after he got his Canadain passport this year he went to USA when he back to canada ,immigration officer told him you have Red flag on your name so call authority they goona remove it for you, so if you travel by Travel document you will get Red flag so for any immigration officer when they check your passport to not forget ask you question about where you have been or where did you go and maybe more different question

so if you travel by Travel document you will get Red flag
Is this true??? Why red flag if one's travelled with RTD??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
betteka said:
I imagine that those traveling on RTDs would usually be questioned more than normal to ensure that they didn't return to their home country but I doubt that travelling on an RTD is an automatic red flag. It sounds like that is one of those "it happened to someone I know" stories where there is always misinformation and more than meets the eye.

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
betteka said:
yeas it is true ,but soon after he got his Canadian passport and fly with his passport, the officer at airport gave him phone number to call them to remove red flag then he called that number and ever since is not Red flag anymore,,,,,and answer to your question why Red flag? i dont know the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and never fly with Travel Document if before you not contact consular of country you traveling, and never get Visa Online for travel document

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
yeas it is true ,but soon after he got his Canadian passport and fly with his passport, the officer at airport gave him phone number to call them to remove red flag then he called that number and ever since is not Red flag anymore,,,,,and answer to your question why Red flag? i dont know the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and never fly with Travel Document if before you not contact consular of country you traveling, and never get Visa Online for travel document
Well yes of course your friend (or anyone in this matter) will get a red flag travelling without applying for visa first. Even though that person has RTD or as a refugee ::)

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi guys if you ever apply for travel document before ,please share your experience i wonder how long it take to get your travel document after you applied

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
hi guys one more question i came here thru USA and applied Asylum and got my PR in 2014 ,so my question which travel document i will get 2years or 5 years?? please answer,and if you need more info to answer this question let me know
[/quote

5 Years

campione

Jan 14, 2017
Hello guys,

If we used travel document instead passport from Europe to middle east it can cause issues for Canada immigration when we doing security check(red flag)

and go to Europe Illegally and staying for years is that to cause issues.

Thank you

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
campione said:
Hello guys,

If we used travel document instead passport from Europe to middle east it can cause issues for Canada immigration when we doing security check(red flag)

and go to Europe Illegally and staying for years is that to cause issues.

Thank you
first your question is not clear,, and what ever doing legally is ok,but if you want do something illegal or fraud immigration system then you will get zero tolerance from immigration all your status will be revoke in Canada, you can travel with RTD anywhere in the world the only country you can not go is your home country,