+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Tourist Visa for my US L1 extension

krrao

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,

I am applying for a Canada Visitor Visa for my US L1 extension stamping purposes. I will be in Canada for a week.

1. For “Proof of means of financial support” - Are the following documents fine - Employment and salary certificate, 4 recent Pay Stubs and W2(last 2 year). Is a bank statement compulsory and will it impact my application if i dont submit one?
2. In the Visa Application form it asks for “Funds available for my stay”. What is the optimum amount I should mention for myself and my wife?
3. Do I mention the reason of my visit as “US Visa Stamping” or "Tourist"? Does mentioning "US Visa Stamping" affect the Visa application in any way?
4. My L1 expires in Oct 20, 2015. Incase my L1 Visa Extension gets denied in August during my interview in Canada, will i be able to enter the US? I may be stupid to ask this question but wanted to confirm that my assumption is right.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
In general you shouldn't apply for a new visa if your current visa is still valid, unless of course you are changing status. It doesn't sound like you are changing status. If they deny your visa, you can't enter back in the states.

Note that you may be able to make use of the automatic revalidation of visa. Search for it on the CBP website.

krrao

Jun 3, 2015
Hi Cryptic0,
My US L1 Visa and I 94 will only expire on Oct 15 2015. I will be going to Canada in August for the L1 extension interview. Since i will have a valid Visa and I 94, why do you think i cannot re-enter US if my L1 extension gets rejected.

Any guidance on this would be helpful.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
This is pretty old and I hope you have already found information you needed. But for the sake of clarification, you can't use automatic visa revalidation procedure if you apply for a new visa, are waiting for a decision and if the decision was 'denied'. Get proper legal advise from your employer on this matter.