+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada study permit status query

abhi101992

Dec 28, 2017
Hey guys, i hhave applied for study permit for sep 2018 intake on 29 june. Till then i got 4 acknowledgement letter on 13 july, 19july, 20 july,and one today. First three acknowledgement letter were same.. but last one says that my application is in process and proceeding normally. Guys can you plz tell me what doest these letters basically indicates and how much time will it take to change my status on gc key and plz tell me something about medical results. My status has not changed till now.. not even medicals.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As the letters say your application is processing normally, nobody can know how long it will take exactly but the if you look up the processing time for your visa office on ircc website that should give you approximate idea.
So you have linked your application, sometimes you can get mail but nothing in gckey and vise versa nothing to worry about its just their system is not great.

Highfly0231

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys, i hhave applied for study permit for sep 2018 intake on 29 june. Till then i got 4 acknowledgement letter on 13 july, 19july, 20 july,and one today. First three acknowledgement letter were same.. but last one says that my application is in process and proceeding normally. Guys can you plz tell me what doest these letters basically indicates and how much time will it take to change my status on gc key and plz tell me something about medical results. My status has not changed till now.. not even medicals.
Same bro i applied on 27 june non spp
Got two mails first on 9 july 2nd on 23rd july
About file is proccessed and in proccessing normally (respectively) no updates after that till yet

Harjot1997

Jul 28, 2018
Same here bro even i haven't received any update.
Do inform me whenever u receive any updates plz.

abhi101992

Dec 28, 2017
As the letters say your application is processing normally, nobody can know how long it will take exactly but the if you look up the processing time for your visa office on ircc website that should give you approximate idea.
So you have linked your application, sometimes you can get mail but nothing in gckey and vise versa nothing to worry about its just their system is not great.
This tuesday i got my status change which is showing that medical has been passed.. can you please tell how much time time it will take now to come to a conclusion and final decision.

Hony

Aug 2, 2018
I also got my acknowledgment letter on 1 August and I had applied from 7 july. Can anybody tell me when would I be getting my status change.

abhi101992

Dec 28, 2017
I also got my acknowledgment letter on 1 August and I had applied from 7 july. Can anybody tell me when would I be getting my status change.
Bro time is not fixed.. noone is able to understand the process overall.. but this means your file has been open and in few days you may get some chamge in status.. my status got changed after 20 days of acknowledgement letter. But that doesn't mean that yours status will too get same number of days.. its not like that actually.. status may changed tomorrow or may be not after 15 days. Thats totally depends on visa officer.. so

Hony

Aug 2, 2018
Bro time is not fixed.. noone is able to understand the process overall.. but this means your file has been open and in few days you may get some chamge in status.. my status got changed after 20 days of acknowledgement letter. But that doesn't mean that yours status will too get same number of days.. its not like that actually.. status may changed tomorrow or may be not after 15 days. Thats totally depends on visa officer.. so
Thanks for kind reply and can I know that when u applied and got your acknowledgment letter and did you got your visa

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Please peoples stop asking the same question over and over,
NOBODY KNOWS WHEN YOUR STATUS WILL CHANGE OR WHEN YOU WILL GET VISA IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW.
Try to relax a little and only look at the big picture, if your application is progressing that's good.

Aswinjoy409

Jul 7, 2018
It's 73 days after applying for a study permit. Applied on may 22nd.
No change in the usual status.
No updates after June 22nd.
Got 4 consecutive mails till June 22nd stating that my application is proceeding normally