+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit Rejection...Kindly need help to review my application.

Poorva21

Sep 22, 2021
Hello team,
I have completed Master's in computer application in 2016. I am working in Information security domain with 4+ years of exp.
I got admission in Cybersecurity and threat management course for Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
Today (22nd Sep) got refusal for visa (non-sds) with 2 reasons:
1) Not convinced I will leave the country
2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, academic record, missing mark sheets, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

I need help to reapply and review on my application.

Note:
1) I have faid 1st year fee and GIC is also there.
2)I want to apply through SDS.

Is there chance to get my visa?

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Nobody can predict your chances here but do order gcms notes for rejection reasons and address them in your next application.

sds or non-sds, if theres no change in ur application then the result will stay the same.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hello team,
I have completed Master's in computer application in 2016. I am working in Information security domain with 4+ years of exp.
I got admission in Cybersecurity and threat management course for Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, academic record, missing mark sheets, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

Note:

Order GCMS notes and find out exact comments of the VO as above are just generic reasons applied to all.

Although your course is aligned with your current field of work, you might want to review it. You have to clearly demonstrate how undertaking a graduate certificate program will help you establish your career further? Since it is far lower grade of education as compared to masters would you not rather study online or home country? Why spend so much for doing a certificate program? This will have to be clearly answered should you wish to apply again.

Reactions: Aesopzai

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hello team,

Note:

When did u apply? Did u get BVL? Share ur timeline.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hello team,

Note:

You already have a master's degree, why do you need to go for a certificate program? Apply for a PhD program instead.

Reactions: Naturgrl

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello team,

Note:

First, you have experience in this domain, why need a new certificate now? What was your earlier master's concentration? was it thesis-based or course-based? what is your GPA? what scores do you have? what did you write in your SOP?

Poorva21

Sep 22, 2021
This course will give me good inside knowledge about cybersecurity which was not part of my degree MCA. It is 1 year course and other master courses would be 2 years.

Poorva21

Sep 22, 2021
My GPA in master's was 5.8/6.0.
My experience right now is more of operation information security and I want to get into core information security which has cloud security. To get into that side, right knowledge is important.

Poorva21

Sep 22, 2021
SOP:

PURPOSE OF STUDY
As an experienced Software Security Analyst, I am determined to align my career with and
gain further exposure in Cybersecurity. Building on the initial industry experience, the solid
foundation laid through a specialized program and learning the fundamentals of the security
domain would complement the experiential learning in the longer run. This will help me in
integrating myself better with ever changing innovations and best practices in Cybersecurity
and Threat Modelling areas.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This course will give me good inside knowledge about cybersecurity which was not part of my degree MCA. It is 1 year course and other master courses would be 2 years.
but you have exp? isn't it? If you had applied to data science, I would have understood, but in the same field in which you have lots of exp. I doubt you will be able to convince the officer.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
you have exp and you are trying to " learning the fundamentals of the security
domain would complement the experiential learning in the longer run"
?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As a software engineer even i cant understand all of these terms you have written here"
Threat Modelling areas." Follow KISS, keep it simple silly.

Poorva21

Sep 22, 2021
but you have exp? isn't it? If you had applied to data science, I would have understood, but in the same field in which you have lots of exp. I doubt you will be able to convince the officer.
I don't have experience in domains which this course is going to teach me. I just have basic operational experience.