+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit Refused Twice

Hassan Alam

Oct 29, 2017
Hello,

I have submitted study permit application twice but I got rejections. I have done bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. But later I got interest in physics. So, I decided to change my field from Engineering to Physics.
Initially to get some formal education in physics I joined a MS physics part time evening program in home country. After completing some essential courses I applied at Canadian university. I got admission offer so I have withdrawn from the home country MS program because that program was part time with limited courses.

I applied for Canada study permit in June 2017 but got rejection in August 2017. I review CAIPS notes I found follow reason:

"Applicant has currently masters in physics and is employed as engineer. He plans to fund these studies through working at university and his own funds. I am not satisfied this line of study is logical given he already has completed same. Funds are a stretch. Given country conditions I am not satisfied he will leave CAD at end of authorized stay. Refused."

But, I have not completed MS from home country. I join that program to pass essential courses.

I applied again in October 2017 with clarifications and more funds but I have been refused again. I don't have CAIPS notes right now but the refusal letter shows that I have not satisfied visa officer that I will leave Canada at end of stay. The reason he marked is "purpose of visit". In other reasons he wrote following lines:

"Upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the
reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona
fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay."

Does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong? Engineering and physics both are science field. Many students pursue physics after engineering.

Now, I am planning to apply through Canadian Lawyer will it be helpful?

Jahed

Jul 7, 2017
Hello
sorry to hear but i dont think you should reapply because the chances are low i recommend wait for a year or so and re apply

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello,

I have submitted study permit application twice but I got rejections. I have done bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. But later I got interest in physics. So, I decided to change my field from Engineering to Physics.
Initially to get some formal education in physics I joined a MS physics part time evening program in home country. After completing some essential courses I applied at Canadian university. I got admission offer so I have withdrawn from the home country MS program because that program was part time with limited courses.

I applied for Canada study permit in June 2017 but got rejection in August 2017. I review CAIPS notes I found follow reason:

"Applicant has currently masters in physics and is employed as engineer. He plans to fund these studies through working at university and his own funds. I am not satisfied this line of study is logical given he already has completed same. Funds are a stretch. Given country conditions I am not satisfied he will leave CAD at end of authorized stay. Refused."

But, I have not completed MS from home country. I join that program to pass essential courses.

I applied again in October 2017 with clarifications and more funds but I have been refused again. I don't have CAIPS notes right now but the refusal letter shows that I have not satisfied visa officer that I will leave Canada at end of stay. The reason he marked is "purpose of visit". In other reasons he wrote following lines:

"Upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the
reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona

Does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong? Engineering and physics both are science field. Many students pursue physics after engineering.

Now, I am planning to apply through Canadian Lawyer will it be helpful?
You should never write that you will work in the university and collect funds. There is no guarantee that you will get job at the university so the officer expects that you come to Canada with sufficient funds. Also, try to find the course which will offer a internship, field training or co-op. Then you can tell the officer what is the biggest difference between a part-time and full-time program. A part-time wont offer you what a full-time can offer.

Reactions: Immstu

Hassan Alam

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, you are saying right. But, in second attempt I told them that I will support expanses through my own fund. It is no longer problem now. Still, I get second rejection due to purpose of visit.

Gonichandan143

Oct 30, 2017
Hello,

Now, I am planning to apply through Canadian Lawyer will it be helpful?[/QUOTE

Gonichandan143

Oct 30, 2017
Vry sad u got rejected again,. I also have one refusal of septm intake but i aply agn for jan .aftr checking your convo ... i m scared abut mine . New delhi 5octr

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Vry sad u got rejected again,. I also have one refusal of septm intake but i aply agn for jan .aftr checking your convo ... i m scared abut mine . New delhi 5octr
no need to worry. You will get your visa...

Reactions: yasir7