+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit Refusal?

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for a study permit for Canada from the USA on the 21st of June 2018 received a refusal letter a few minutes ago :( I am an international student from Malaysia on post completion training in the USA and I have been in New York since 2013. My legality in the US technically ended on the 20th of July 2018. My question is should I reapply for my study permit when I enter Canada or do I have to go back to Malaysia to reapply for this? I have a temporary visitor visa for Canada that is valid until 2023. I just need a study permit to study in Canada. My classes starts September 2018 and I am not sure what to do from here onwards. If anyone has an idea please let me know, I really appreciate some feedback on this.

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
Reasons for refusal?

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi!

This is what they said in the refusal letter :
Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that you:
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
*i find that this reason was impossible as I provided all the financial docs they needed and confirmation along with a copy of a bank draft with funds for my studies in CAD.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
immigration status in country of residence
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
length of proposed stay in Canada
purpose of visit
personal assets and financial status.

I am applying as a Malaysian international student and when I applied for this I was still working legally here in the USA. My work auth ended last Friday. I enrolled for classes in Canada and also signed a lease in Canada because my lease in in the US ends July 31st. So the idea was that I move to Canada at the end of this month with a study permit and I was not expecting a refusal since I was recently granted a visitor visa for 5 years 2 months ago. I do have a visitor visa for Canada but how and where do I reapply for this study permit to get in time for classes?

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
Doesnt matter where you're applying from as long as you have legal status. You could try to apply inland.