+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada student visa

heny

Mar 17, 2020
Hello friends,
I had applied for visa on 18th march and the biometrics was done on 20th march but the real problem is, my intake is May 2020 and according to Canada latest news the students whose visa is approved before 18th march can only be travel to Canada what happens if the visa is approved and I cannot be able to travel to Canada and my course starts on 11th May 2020 do you guys have any other update what to do and I have applied through SDS category.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Hello friends,
I had applied for visa on 18th march and the biometrics was done on 20th march but the real problem is, my intake is May 2020 and according to Canada latest news the students whose visa is approved before 18th march can only be travel to Canada what happens if the visa is approved and I cannot be able to travel to Canada and my course starts on 11th May 2020 do you guys have any other update what to do and I have applied through SDS category.
The course will be deferred to September intake possibly so it’s best to get defer letter if original acceptance letter doesn’t include that

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
nope, it is not. I would have attached it if I was only promoted for it. Nowhere did the system even give a subtle hint for me to upload the report.
You upload it at the client information or letter of explanation side. It’s mandatory to show IELTS if required

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Coronavirus and Canada immigration 2020: What you need to knowHere are common questions and answers on how coronavirus has impacted Canada’s immigration policies over the past week

Canada’s immigration policies and procedures have undergone daily changes over the past week as Canada seeks to contain the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

One of Canada’s major measures has been to implement travel restrictions between March 18 and June 30, however Canada is still exempting certain permanent and temporary residents from the restrictions so that they can enter the country.

Can I still submit an Express Entry profile and my permanent residence application?

Yes, to both questions.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to hold Express Entry draws.

IRCC just held a draw last week and invited 668 Express Entry candidates to apply for permanent residence.

In addition, provinces continue to hold draws as well through the Provincial Nominee Program.

IRCC is still processing permanent residence applications. It is processing completed applications as per its normal procedures and providing individuals who are unable to submit completed applications with an additional 90 days if such individuals have experienced delays obtaining documents due to coronavirus-related disruptions.

Find out if you are eligible for any Canadian immigration programs

Who can come to Canada?

IRCC has confirmed that the following individuals are among those who can still come to Canada between now and June 30. IRCC has asked that exempted individuals continue to monitor the federal government’s website before they book their return travel to Canada:

Canadian citizens

Permanent residents

Immediate family of Canadian citizens and permanent residents

Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence prior to March 16 and who had not yet travelled to Canada

Temporary foreign workers

International students who held a valid study permit or had been approved for one as of March 18

Transiting passengers

What is the definition of immediate family?

According to IRCC, immediate family means:

Spouse or common-law partner

Dependent child

Grandchild

Parent or step-parent

Guardian or tutor

What are Canada’s land travel restrictions?

Canada and the U.S. have mutually agreed to stop non-essential traffic between the two countries. Canadians visiting the U.S. would still be allowed to return home.

Can I flagpole?

Do not travel to the Canada-U.S. border to update your immigration status until further notice has been provided by the federal government. The federal government has stated that travelling to the border for immigration purposes to update permanent residence, temporary residence, or visitor status (also known as “flagpoling”), is deemed non-essential travel. Those in Canada on a temporary basis can apply online on IRCC’s website to update their status.

What are Canada’s land travel exemptions?

All essential travel between Canada and the U.S. will continue, ensuring supply chains of food and life-saving medicines resume.

Can I still apply for temporary residence?

Yes. IRCC will continue to accept and process new applications for temporary residence. However, you will not be able to travel to Canada until the travel restrictions have been lifted.

Does the coronavirus pandemic impact IRCC’s processing times?

There may be delays in processing times due to service disruptions and restrictions.

What do I do if my temporary status as a visitor, worker or student is about to expire?

If you are currently in Canada, you are able to apply to extend your status online. You will be allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made on your new application. You should not travel to a port of entry to apply.

Will I still be able to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if my course of study is being delivered online?

If your course is being delivered online due to the coronavirus pandemic, this will not affect your eligibility to the PGWP Program, and you may still apply.

What is the impact on refugees and asylum seekers?

Canada relies on the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and other organizations to identify refugees that need to be resettled. Last week, the UNHCR and International Organization for Migration (IOM) announced the temporary suspension of resettlement travel for refugees. These organizations may make alternative arrangements for refugees in transit.

Canada continues to accept asylum claimants in Canada, except those who wish to make an asylum claim at the US-Canada border. The two countries announced that irregular migrants attempting to cross the border will also be returned.

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
You upload it at the client information or letter of explanation side. It’s mandatory to show IELTS if required
so you reckon I get a rejection for this ‍
Oh well, will have to resubmit it again, quite stupid of me considering I got a band 10 ( speaking :8.5 writing 8 listening :9 and reading :8.5 )

I spent way too much time and mental energy trying to explain my finances that I totally forgot about uploading the report.

I just assumed getting into a top 15 uni like UofT would be evidence enough of my academic as well as English language capabilities and I didn’t really get into the detail of proving my academics or my command of the English language by way of uploading score sheets:

lesson well and truly learnt, but I wish they had made it clear to upload the ielts considering it’s mandatory, instead of relegating it to an optional item.

anyway, thanks for bringing this to my notice.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
so you reckon I get a rejection for this ‍
Oh well, will have to resubmit it again, quite stupid of me considering I got a band 10 ( speaking :8.5 writing 8 listening :9 and reading :8.5 )

I spent way too much time and mental energy trying to explain my finances that I totally forgot about uploading the report.

I just assumed getting into a top 15 uni like UofT would be evidence enough of my academic as well as English language capabilities and I didn’t really get into the detail of proving my academics or my command of the English language by way of uploading score sheets:

lesson well and truly learnt, but I wish they had made it clear to upload the ielts considering it’s mandatory, instead of relegating it to an optional item.

anyway, thanks for bringing this to my notice.
Sure. Regardless of whatever decision, you can always retry