+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Student SDS Visa Refusal

mvadher

Sep 4, 2020
Hello, I got my Student visa refusal on Oct 5, 2020.

I had registered and started my online class for Fall 2020 on 21st September 2020, and I received my visa refusal on Oct 5, 2020, so I think it's mandatory for me to defer my intake to Jan/Winter 2021 because without any AIP or ongoing visa application I cannot study in Canada. So I have to defer to Winter 2021 and re-apply my visa again for Winter 2021.

I have the following questions:-

1. Do I get a full refund from my university in my case of refusal? my university is offering me a 75% tuition fee refund from Sept 21 to Nov 6.

2. If I defer it to Jan 2021, would my refund dates also changes with respect to that defer letter, as I already have registered for September classes and are ongoing, so do I have to drop that class for deferring it to Jan 2021, so will that extend my refund date for Jan 2021, which can give me 100% refund as I won't had registered for any class for JAN/Winter 2021?

3. I am asking about the fee refund, as I wanted to change my university and reapply for my visa again with a new University Offer letter. Will there be a problem if I re-apply my visa again with another university offer letter for 2nd attempt, will that be considered suspicious?

4. Also once I receive my study permit on University A(example) offer letter than can I withdraw from that university in the first semester itself and then change to University B ? Like do i need to re-apply Visa again if I need to change my University before the first semester begins?

My Visa refusal letter says this:

"Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of
admission on a previous stay in Canada.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and your future prospects and
plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
"

Thanks for giving your time, please help me regarding my issue as I don't have much idea about it and I probably need to solve this before Nov begins.

Regards,
Meet Vadher.
Email me here on: meetvadher9@gmail.com

AkhAkh

Sep 28, 2020
Hi,

Very sorry to hear that!

As per my knowledge, if the visa has been rejected after your deadlines, you will get a full refund minus the administration fee!

In case you want to defer it to winter 2021 with the same university any program that you apply for get a LOA the entire fee will be transferred to that intake.

If you want to change and apply for a new university then check with your administration people if they can transfer it to the new university or if not you can get the refund.

Just try and talk to the admissions people to know more about your options.

Wish you luck going further.

mvadher

Sep 4, 2020
Hi,

Very sorry to hear that!

As per my knowledge, if the visa has been rejected after your deadlines, you will get a full refund minus the administration fee!

In case you want to defer it to winter 2021 with the same university any program that you apply for get a LOA the entire fee will be transferred to that intake.

If you want to change and apply for a new university then check with your administration people if they can transfer it to the new university or if not you can get the refund.

Just try and talk to the admissions people to know more about your options.

Wish you luck going further.
I see thanks for this information, really helpful.