+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Spouse Immigration - No Middle name on CRA tax return

fwd2018

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my husband and just noticed that my Notice of Assessment and Option C forms don't have my middle name, same goes for the T5 return my accountant sent me earlier this year. My first and last name are fine. I don't remember why I didn't give my middle name to CRA. But does it matter to CIC that my full name on tax return should be exact as on my passport ? And if yes then any idea from where I can get my name updated @ CRA ?

Note: I applied for my citizenship last year with this exact same return/name and got the citizenship without any problem.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Don't worry too much about middle names. If the CRA form has your SIN on it, they can always use that to verify identity.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my husband and just noticed that my Notice of Assessment and Option C forms don't have my middle name, same goes for the T5 return my accountant sent me earlier this year. My first and last name are fine. I don't remember why I didn't give my middle name to CRA. But does it matter to CIC that my full name on tax return should be exact as on my passport ? And if yes then any idea from where I can get my name updated @ CRA ?

Note: I applied for my citizenship last year with this exact same return/name and got the citizenship without any problem.
Hi

IRCC is not going to care that your middle isn't on your NOA.

abhi1237

Feb 28, 2024
Hi,

Hey, 6 years later I am in a similar position. Did it create a problem for you or was it okay?