+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Sponsorship by Spouse for an Expired PR Holder

traincan

Mar 28, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for immigration to Canada in 2011, so we submitted an application for myself as main applicant, my wife and daughter as dependents. I didn’t sponsor my wife, we landed and I went in and out While I haven't met my residency obligations. but I am now a holder of an Expired PR (date of Expiry is May 2016). My wife and daughter are living now in Canada as PR holders. my PR got expired when I was outside Canada and I am out of Canada now. can my wife sponsor me now? if positive, do I need to ask to withdraw my residency status first so that my wife can apply to sponsor me? please note that while being a resident in Canada, I have sponsored my daughter from my Ex-wife who is now 18 years old. my daughter has already landed and became a permanent resident 4 month ago. will withdrawing my residency rights affect my daughter's legal presence as a resident in Canada? and will the fact that I already sponsored her within the last 2 years affect / forbid me from being sponsored by my wife? Can I initiate the sponsorship application by my wife before I withdraw my residency rights first? what is the best approach for the scope of action plan?
Thanks for your help.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
If you cannot meet the Residency Obligation, then the easiest course is for you to surrender your PR status voluntarily, and for your wife to sponsor you.

You will need to demonstrate that your marriage has been ongoing, despite you not having been in the same physical place as your wife for 3-6 years.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017