+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Relative

Jtiburan

Oct 1, 2015
Hello everyone! I would like to ask a few questions, if you could please enlighten me. :)

I'm applying for FSW Express Entry and my wife has an uncle in Canada with PR that we could use for additional points.
But the problem is my wife's cousin is also applying for FSW EE and will use he's uncle's name also as a relative in Canada.

So my question is...

Can a Canada relative sponsor 2 relatives in EE at the same time?

If yes, what are the documents that we need to provide as proof?

I'm kind of confused since the relative matter on this EE application will not meant financial support. Isn't this for adaptability purposes?

Thank you very much!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No problem for multiple applicants to declare the same relative in Canada.

You'll worry about the documents after you accept the ITA, but usually you'll need proof of relation (birth certificates) and proof of their legal status in Canada (bills, passport/citizenship or PR card/bank statements/properties/leases).

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
Technically they (The Canadian relative) are not sponsoring you. Your immigration category is FSW not family sponsor.

But ya, paper work man, make sure you can produce proofs for what you say.

Thanks!

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jtiburan said:
Hello everyone! I would like to ask a few questions, if you could please enlighten me. :)

I'm applying for FSW Express Entry and my wife has an uncle in Canada with PR that we could use for additional points.
But the problem is my wife's cousin is also applying for FSW EE and will use he's uncle's name also as a relative in Canada.

So my question is...

I'm kind of confused since the relative matter on this EE application will not meant financial support. Isn't this for adaptability purposes?

Thank you very much!
It doesn't matter if you mention about your wife's uncle or not in the application as you are the main applicant and he's your wife's relative so you won't be asked for any of his documents ever.
it is only for the eligibility part,if you are getting enough(67 or more) points without mentioning him,then leave it.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Jtiburan said:

So my question is...

Thank you very much!
The relative that too only those relations that are explicitly defined by CIC are used to check for FSW points. If you are having 67 points without it then you wouldn't need it. But if you do then you would need documents such as birth certificates, their PR papers, passports etc. to prove their relationship to you.