+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada refusal under noc 4131

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
Hi
i have applied my Canada immigration case in 2009,.... i got refusal on the ground of creditable proof of my relatives in Canada . Then i reapply my case under the same category of NOC 4131 in 2010....... i recently got refusal on the reason of private institution experience . well in the first refusal the visa officer has awarded me the points of my experience which is mentioned in my previous refusal letter . but this time the visa officer has not awarded me any points for my experience. kindly tell me what i do now ?
can i send a letter to the Delhi high commission regarding this , will it work? And there is no where mention that the private institution people cant apply for the particular category of 4131.
Kindly help me what to do?

Regards
Monica :(

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
monica12345 said:
Hi
i have applied my Canada immigration case in 2009,.... i got refusal on the ground of creditable proof of my relatives in Canada . Then i reapply my case under the same category of NOC 4131 in 2010....... i recently got refusal on the reason of private institution experience . well in the first refusal the visa officer has awarded me the points of my experience which is mentioned in my previous refusal letter . but this time the visa officer has not awarded me any points for my experience. kindly tell me what i do now ?
can i send a letter to the Delhi high commission regarding this , will it work? And there is no where mention that the private institution people cant apply for the particular category of 4131.

Regards

Manonthemove

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2010
Doc's Request.
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
31/07/2010
Med's Request
11/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
March2013
LANDED..........
God Willing Soon
monica12345 said:
Hi

Regards
Sad to hear that, but what do they mean by Private Institution experience?

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monica12345 said:
Hi

Regards
Hi

You can write a letter to the visa office but i dont think they will reopen your case as the reason is not points but the experience...give it a go maybe it works but the other way is to make a formal appeal in canada but that wud cost you money and time atleast 12 months plus a lawyer to represent your case.

Cheers
Saki

jalbani

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
Band 8.0 Submitted with documents
File Transfer...
13-04-2010 E-case RBVO-LND Since 5-8-2010
Med's Request
Not Received
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Done
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
saki said:
Hi

You can write a letter to the visa office but i dont think they will reopen your case as the reason is not points but the experience...give it a go maybe it works but the other way is to make a formal appeal in canada but that wud cost you money and time atleast 12 months plus a lawyer to represent your case.

Cheers
Saki
Dear Seniors Just now my e-case status has just been changed to Decision Made and the address has also disappeared . I have not received medicals as yet. Does it mean rejection or some thing else Iam very worried.
Inside details are as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 6, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on April 13, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
Hi Saki
Thanks for reply!

Private experience means in the small local private institution . i'm working as an IELTS Trainer for last 4 years . teaching post secondary classes. one visa officer awarded me experience points(19) but this time the visa officer want my experience should be from government sector. which is clearly mention in the NOC 4131 that any vocational instructor from private sector can apply . I applied under the category of language trainer what its really sad that on what fake ground he refused my case. how two visa officer having different statements regarding my experience.
kindly tell me what to do ?

Regards
Monica

deepblues

Feb 24, 2012
can u give out the exact wordings in the refusal letter..
my friend has got the visa who applied in the same category... the too frm a small institution.. but he was in a position to show continues exereince in the same place for 6+ years..
plus he showed salary slip, reference letters frm fellow collegeus, sppointment letter, increment letter.
pls add wht all did u submit along with aplication

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepblues said:
can u give out the exact wordings in the refusal letter..
my friend has got the visa who applied in the same category... the too frm a small institution.. but he was in a position to show continues exereince in the same place for 6+ years..
plus he showed salary slip, reference letters frm fellow collegeus, sppointment letter, increment letter.
pls add wht all did u submit along with aplication
Kindly share your friend's timelines, pls! And his IELTS too, if you don't mind (I guess VO takes IELTS result much into consideration particularly with 4131)

afaraz

Star Member
Jun 30, 2009
Karachi - Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
monica12345 said:
Hi Saki
Thanks for reply!

Private experience means in the small local private institution . i'm working as an IELTS Trainer for last 4 years . teaching post secondary classes. one visa officer awarded me experience points(19) but this time the visa officer want my experience should be from government sector. which is clearly mention in the NOC 4131 that any vocational instructor from private sector can apply . I applied under the category of language trainer what its really sad that on what fake ground he refused my case. how two visa officer having different statements regarding my experience.

Regards
Monica
Just write a letter to the Program manager and explain the situation. Also attach some more document to support your experience proof. They should consider you and even if they dont there is no harm in trying it. I hope it should work for you.

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
yup i have 1 and half years of experience from one institution n 2 years from other and rest is from other too . well i have send every thing from appointment letter, salary slip letter, experience letter, etc.
the visa officer gave me the reason the exact words are :-
you have indicated that you have work experience in occupation with the following NOC code :NOC 4131(college and other vocational instructors) at all three institutions from july 2006 to august 2010.
Although NOC 4131 code corresponds to one of the occupations specified in the instructions, you have not satisfied me that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement of the NOC for this occupation as an instructor at an accredited institution or trainer delivering internal training or development courses. nor have you satisfied me that the all three institutions are government accredited institutions. for this reason ,I am not satisfied that you atleast one year of experience in NOC occupation listed on the ministerial instructions therefore your application is not eligible to be processed.

well when it comes to job responsibility letters i have written the kind of same responsibilities which is mention in the NOC 4131.

really i dont know now what to do?

PLZ suggest some thing.

Regards
Monica

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
So sorry to hear about your rejection.

But I am not sure if IELTS instructor qualifies in 4131.

Assuming that it does it will be much better if you have undertaken any courses for it as mentioned in the link below.
http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-exams-ielts-trainers.htm

Short definition of 4131 as per hrsdc is
This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to
students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language
schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private
training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or
development courses
. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

Job duties are
• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
• Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
• Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers toevaluate students' progress
• Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
• Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
• Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
• Supervise teaching assistants
• May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations

Now one of the most important work of teacher is to grade a student, which unfortunately is not done by you but by the IELTS test centre, nor do you develop any curriculum, etc. What you do basically is provide coaching.

There are applicant who got through the process earlier, but VO is very strict now a days.

monica12345 said:
yup i have 1 and half years of experience from one institution n 2 years from other and rest is from other too . well i have send every thing from appointment letter, salary slip letter, experience letter, etc.
the visa officer gave me the reason the exact words are :-
you have indicated that you have work experience in occupation with the following NOC code :NOC 4131(college and other vocational instructors) at all three institutions from july 2006 to august 2010.
Although NOC 4131 code corresponds to one of the occupations specified in the instructions, you have not satisfied me that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement of the NOC for this occupation as an instructor at an accredited institution or trainer delivering internal training or development courses. nor have you satisfied me that the all three institutions are government accredited institutions. for this reason ,I am not satisfied that you atleast one year of experience in NOC occupation listed on the ministerial instructions therefore your application is not eligible to be processed.

well when it comes to job responsibility letters i have written the kind of same responsibilities which is mention in the NOC 4131.

really i dont know now what to do?

PLZ suggest some thing.

Regards
Monica

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monica12345 said:
Hi Saki
Thanks for reply!

Regards
Monica

Definetly its a blunder from the visa officer write them back as i advised earlier and hopefully they will reopen your case.

Cheers
Saki

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
hi well i definitely grade a student in my institute and there is a one category of language Trainer/ private institute teacher/ vocational instructor under noc 4131 (just find out from list under NOC 4131), well final grading is always done by any examination center. And more over i have myself develop the study material and upgrade the study material in my institution .
the above mentioned job responsibilities i have mentioned dear but nothing has happen . and I 'm performing the same but my reason of refusal is government job.

Monica
which i have mentioned in the job duties.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Dear Monica,
The CHC is asking for govt accredited instituition and not government job. Both are different.

While I agree that the job description mentioned is conflicting 'employed by private firms' please note that some private firms/colleges provide certificates after completion of their courses, unfortunately yours don't.

Your employment is at a coaching centre and not private college/training institute.

Though there is no harm in apeal.

monica12345 said:
hi well i definitely grade a student in my institute and there is a one category of language Trainer/ private institute teacher/ vocational instructor under noc 4131 (just find out from list under NOC 4131), well final grading is always done by any examination center. And more over i have myself develop the study material and upgrade the study material in my institution .
the above mentioned job responsibilities i have mentioned dear but nothing has happen . and I 'm performing the same but my reason of refusal is government job.

Monica
which i have mentioned in the job duties.

monica12345

Feb 25, 2012
thanks well i will do so .... but one thing want to conform that .... nothing has been mention in the NOC then how come CIC can made decision on their own rules . my experience has excepted by the nova scotia ... the job responsibilities has been assessed from nova scotia only.
kindly tell me what kind of appeal letter shuld i type and get impressed by the visa officer.
Plz help