+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR

nandini9ng

Apr 24, 2019
Hello Sir/Madam
Last year me and my husband we applied for Canada PR, I have a baby less than a year. We got the PR of Canada. But due to some marital disputes I applied for divorce.
We applied as a family PR. My husband is the prime applicant. He has already visited Canada for 15 days without informing us n also activated his PR.
Is it possible for me and my baby to go separately and save my PR?
Apart from this my husband is not giving us the hardcopy of PR paper.
The divorce is still in process. Our marital status is still married.
So can I still save my PR ? Please guide
Regards
Nandini

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello Sir/Madam
Last year me and my husband we applied for Canada PR, I have a baby less than a year. We got the PR of Canada. But due to some marital disputes I applied for divorce.
We applied as a family PR. My husband is the prime applicant. He has already visited Canada for 15 days without informing us n also activated his PR.
Is it possible for me and my baby to go separately and save my PR?
Apart from this my husband is not giving us the hardcopy of PR paper.
The divorce is still in process. Our marital status is still married.
So can I still save my PR ? Please guide
Regards
Nandini
Unfortunately, if you don't have the CoPR and he is the principle applicant there's not much you can do. You only got approved because you were his dependents. Now that your status has changed (or is about to), you will need to reapply on your own.

Maybe someone else can help as well?

nandini9ng

Apr 24, 2019
Unfortunately, if you don't have the CoPR and he is the principle applicant there's not much you can do. You only got approved because you were his dependents. Now that your status has changed (or is about to), you will need to reapply on your own.

Maybe someone else can help as well?
Thank you so much for your reply. Actually together we appeared for ILETS , and my qualifications, my work experience all together contributed along with his qualifications work experience, to get the points to get CANADA PR.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. Actually together we appeared for ILETS , and my qualifications, my work experience all together contributed along with his qualifications work experience, to get the points to get CANADA PR.
Oh yes, undoubtedly this helped the application. However, he has now landed as a PR so his part of the application is over and he is a PR. There's nothing you can do about that fact .

You and your child, on the other hand, are still counted as his dependents and will have to land with that status. If you get a divorce, for example, and then somehow get the CoPR and try to land, it won't work.

So for now, you either have to get your CoPR and land with your child while you are still married. However, you would still be asked about your marital status, and it may not be easy flying internationally with a child if you're going through a marital dispute. I'm not sure what happens in such a case and maybe someone with more experience can help.

When does your CoPR expire, do you know? When did you take your medical exam?

The other option is to wait for the divorce and then reapply on your own. Do you know how many points you have by yourself? If you have more than 450 points that might be the best option.

I understand that this is a difficult situation and I wish you all the best. You may want to consult a lawyer as well (if you're already talking to a family lawyer, ask him/her about this - maybe they can ask an immigration lawyer).

nandini9ng

Apr 24, 2019
Oh yes, undoubtedly this helped the application. However, he has now landed as a PR so his part of the application is over and he is a PR. There's nothing you can do about that fact .

You and your child, on the other hand, are still counted as his dependents and will have to land with that status. If you get a divorce, for example, and then somehow get the CoPR and try to land, it won't work.

So for now, you either have to get your CoPR and land with your child while you are still married. However, you would still be asked about your marital status, and it may not be easy flying internationally with a child if you're going through a marital dispute. I'm not sure what happens in such a case and maybe someone with more experience can help.

When does your CoPR expire, do you know? When did you take your medical exam?

The other option is to wait for the divorce and then reapply on your own. Do you know how many points you have by yourself? If you have more than 450 points that might be the best option.

I understand that this is a difficult situation and I wish you all the best. You may want to consult a lawyer as well (if you're already talking to a family lawyer, ask him/her about this - maybe they can ask an immigration lawyer).
Thank you so much Sir/madam for your concern.. We need to land their before 28th August 2019. I don't have any other document of PR other than passports. Actually everything was done by husband.
We are taking legal help. Let's see.

Regards

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
If you get the CoPR from him before the divorce is finalized, then you can perform soft landing yourself along with your child and become PRs. After that point you will have 3 years to make the permanent move. You must land before the divorce is finalized.

Talk to him and try to get the CoPR documents. He has no use for those and it makes no difference to him whether you become PRs or not.

nandini9ng

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you for your guidance..
I have one more doubt, I am from India and this divorce process has started here.
N we got family PR for Canada, so after activating our PRs, will the divorce affect in Canada later?
Do we need to show the Canadian govt that in India we are in the process of divorce?
Any other important information I am missing out. Let me know..

Would wait for ur further assistance

nandini9ng

Apr 24, 2019
If you get the CoPR from him before the divorce is finalized, then you can perform soft landing yourself along with your child and become PRs. After that point you will have 3 years to make the permanent move. You must land before the divorce is finalized.

Talk to him and try to get the CoPR documents. He has no use for those and it makes no difference to him whether you become PRs or not.
And CoPR he is not ready give still will try to get that. But incase I don't get it from him can from where else can I get it.
Since we got FAMILY PR, He has already gone there and activated his PR without any information , now he is back ,
in case, me and my baby don't go to Canada then will this affect my husband's PR now?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
And CoPR he is not ready give still will try to get that. But incase I don't get it from him can from where else can I get it.
Since we got FAMILY PR, He has already gone there and activated his PR without any information , now he is back ,
in case, me and my baby don't go to Canada then will this affect my husband's PR now?
No, it will not affect his PR in any way.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
There is no other way to get it. After the divorce you can apply again on your own and if you qualify, you and your child can get it.

No, it will not make a difference to him.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Both of your COPRs should of been cancelled and reassessed and you were both supposed to advise CIC that you were divorcing and that you were no longer a family. When you land you are asked if your family composition has changed. He was supposed to say that you were going through a divorce and he wouldn’t have been able to land.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Both of your COPRs should of been cancelled and reassessed and you were both supposed to advise CIC that you were divorcing and that you were no longer a family. When you land you are asked if your family composition has changed. He was supposed to say that you were going through a divorce and he wouldn’t have been able to land.
Since the divorce has not been finalized, technically he is still married at that time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since the divorce has not been finalized, technically he is still married at that time.
If divorce documents have been filed he should have indicated they are going through a divorce. Not the same as being married especially when you have used your wife's points to qualify.

Apr 28, 2019
hello sir ,madam
i m working in central govt dept. and my wife as a primary applicant applied for canada PR and i m secondary applicant. while applying for passport i mentioned my employment proof in it.now i applied for pcc ..i just want to ask do they (RPO) ask for NoC during my PCC ?