+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR travel enquiry

kmv

Jun 24, 2021
Good Afternoon folks,

I along with dependents have valid Permanent Resident Cards so my question is, "do we need visa stamping to travel from Canada to India and vice versa".
Please clarify. Thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am trying to understand your question. You landed as PR and got your PR cards (you and your dependents).
You are free to travel to where you can travel with your passport and is allowed during COVID.

You can travel back to Canada with your PR cards. (plus whatever is needed during COVID travel rule)

Only exception is that you can't travel back to your home country if you got PR via asylum. (which you didn't state in your post how you got your PR)
Otherwise, there is no visa stamping on the Canada side.

kmv

Jun 24, 2021
I am trying to understand your question. You landed as PR and got your PR cards (you and your dependents).
You are free to travel to where you can travel with your passport and is allowed during COVID.

You can travel back to Canada with your PR cards. (plus whatever is needed during COVID travel rule)

Only exception is that you can't travel back to your home country if you got PR via asylum. (which you didn't state in your post how you got your PR)
Otherwise, there is no visa stamping on the Canada side.
Thank you, I applied my PR inside Canada as part of CEC express entry class. So I can travel to India and come back to Canada without any Visa right?(Self +Dependents)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you, I applied my PR inside Canada as part of CEC express entry class. So I can travel to India and come back to Canada without any Visa right?(Self +Dependents)
Yes. That's pretty standard. Make sure there is no travel restrictions and you have all required vaccines/test for COVID travel rules.