+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Renewal Info

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All
Had a few questions on how to fill up IMM5444e - for PR Renewal for Travel History Section

Below are details relating to my residency

1. Period to be assessed - 8th January 2017 to 8th January 2022
2. Total Number of Days in Canada as of 8th January 2017 - 808 days

With regards to point number 1 should i fill up the period of assesement as 8th January 2018 to 7th January 2022 or would it be from 8th January 2018 to 8th January 2022 ?
With regards to signature of application should the date be marked as 8th January 2022 or would it be 9th January 2022 ?

P.S. I am planning to submit my application on 8th January 2022.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
@OmarSarfraz so in this scenario if i sign it on 8th of January 2022 would the period of assessment be 8th Jan 2017 to 8th 2022 on travel history section. Please let me know if this is accurate

Also once you sign the application can you post it on the same day or there needs to be one day gap i.e. i need to post mark it on 9th Jan 2022

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
@OmarSarfraz so in this scenario if i sign it on 8th of January 2022 would the period of assessment be 8th Jan 2017 to 8th 2022 on travel history section. Please let me know if this is accurate

Also once you sign the application can you post it on the same day or there needs to be one day gap i.e. i need to post mark it on 9th Jan 2022
This is how I sent my application, it was approved and I received my renewed PR card.
Date Signed : 2021-03-03
Period to be assessed : 2016-03-02 to 2021-03-02
Personal and Work History provided for the same dates as period to be assessed.

Date of posting doesn't matter, all that matters is the day you sign the application and the period of assessment. You can post same day or next day.

Reactions: dpenabill

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks @OmarSarfraz and @IndianBos for the info

One last question with regards to my work History, i have been working as a contractor (Incorporated) with an IT firm from March 2022 till now and there is no payroll associated with it since the salary has been credited in my incorporation name. So in such a scenario for the work history should i put the name of the IT firm and provide the timesheets or should i just mark it as self employed.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Thanks @OmarSarfraz and @IndianBos for the info

One last question with regards to my work History, i have been working as a contractor (Incorporated) with an IT firm from March 2022 till now and there is no payroll associated with it since the salary has been credited in my incorporation name. So in such a scenario for the work history should i put the name of the IT firm and provide the timesheets or should i just mark it as self employed.
You dont have to provide any proof of employment. So, Just put the name of your IT firm.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks @IndianBos

For PR renewal if you have your residency fulfilled i.e. 808 days would you still not require to show the proof of your residency in form of pay stubs , or bank statements. I know its a dumb question and its there marked in cic website but on this forum i had seen few folks mentioning about sending their bank statements or pay stubs to prove their residency obligation.

Please let me know if i would need to prove my residency by showing all these documents. Once again am not cutting close to the residency obligations. I have like 808 days in the past 5 years.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Thanks @IndianBos

For PR renewal if you have your residency fulfilled i.e. 808 days would you still not require to show the proof of your residency in form of pay stubs , or bank statements. I know its a dumb question and its there marked in cic website but on this forum i had seen few folks mentioning about sending their bank statements or pay stubs to prove their residency obligation.

Please let me know if i would need to prove my residency by showing all these documents. Once again am not cutting close to the residency obligations. I have like 808 days in the past 5 years.
Its everyone personal decision what additional documents you want to send. I didn't send any of that. IRCC anyways requests your SIN number and connect to the CRA to pull whatever information they need to see.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thanks @IndianBos

I concur in the excellent responses by @IndianBos

And, in particular, I concur that there is no need to supplement the PR card application with evidence of your presence in Canada, at least not beyond the information requested and documents to be included with the application per the instructions.

If additional evidence or information or particular documents are necessary, IRCC will request those. There is near zero indication that pre-emptively including additional evidence with the application helps avoid non-routine processing or subsequent requests.

If you are now clearly settled and living permanently in Canada, and there is no reason to doubt your accounting of 808 days IN Canada within the preceding five years, it is NOT likely IRCC will request further evidence of your presence in Canada.

But some clarification beyond that may be warranted.
If you have, as you indicate, been outside Canada MORE than you have been in Canada, that is cutting-it-close. After all, if there is any concern or doubt about where you were during a period of time, the natural, reasonable inference is that you were where you were otherwise most of the time . . . meaning, unless the evidence affirmatively shows you were actually present in Canada for any particular time period, the likelihood is you were NOT in Canada . . . since you were NOT in Canada most of the time (more than a 1000 days in the preceding five years it appears).

What that means, how that might affect processing the PR card application, varies, and depending on the particular individual's situation, including your overall history, your more recent circumstances and extent of settlement in Canada, among other factors.

I do NOT mean to alarm you. There is NO indication you have any reason to worry. And, for example, if you were IN Canada 808 days within the previous five years as of the date you make the PR card application, there really should NOT be ANY PROBLEM.

But again, that is cutting-it-close, close enough that it will be prudent for you to keep good records and have a digital and paper trail documenting your days in Canada. Odds are you will NOT be asked for this evidence ("proof" many call it), but if for some reason IRCC has concerns and asks for documents proving your presence, THEN you should approach that seriously and be prepared to provide good evidence. If that happens, by the way, bank statements and pay stubs are significantly less valuable than direct and objective evidence of presence in Canada and of maintaining a residence in Canada. Again, I am not suggesting, not at all, you will be asked to more substantively prove your presence, but given the extent to which you are cutting-it-close, it is a good idea to be prepared . . . just in case.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks @dpenabill

Here is my timeline. From December 3rd 2019 i have stayed Put in Canada without leaving the country. Prior to that date i was living on and off in canada to be precise around 39 days in past 5 years going back to 2017.

From December 3rd 2019 i have been working on a full time Job and plus few contracting jobs as well. And owing to the covid situation i havent left the country ever since.

With regards to hard physical evidence i do have my home countrys passport stamped with a date of departure being mentioned as December 3rd 2019. Plus my credit card statements or bank statements or my phone bills as secondary evidence. The place where i am currently staying its a friends place and generally rent payment is through E-transfer so there is no rent receipts as such.

As per my understanding once again i maybe totally of the boil on this, i believe IRCC does have access to our entry and exit records as PR Renewal form there is a section which states allow IRCC to access your entry / exit records from CBSA.

One final question i had was from Jan 2021 till March 2021 i was doing two jobs where in one of the jobs overlapped the other and both of them are reflected on my bank statements and salary stubs for both. So should i include both of them as a part of the Work / Employment history or only one of them

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
If, as you say, you have been IN Canada continuously since early December 2019, there should be NO reason to worry about your status in Canada. That readily complies with the PR Residency Obligation.

And that very much reduces the risk you will be asked to provide additional evidence/proof attendant your application for a new PR card.

Thus, as long as you do not leave Canada in the meantime, and thus do not need to apply for a PR Travel Document in order to return to Canada, there is very little reason to worry. It is, mostly, just a matter of time, a question about how long it will take IRCC to issue you a new PR card.

For employment history in the application, just provide what they ask, as truthfully, honestly as you can. Of course employment with multiple, overlapping employers, should be listed. Not because there is bank or pay stub evidence reflecting such employment, but because those are the facts (assuming they are the facts) and you are obligated to report the actual facts.

Thanks @dpenabill

Here is my timeline. From December 3rd 2019 i have stayed Put in Canada without leaving the country. Prior to that date i was living on and off in canada to be precise around 39 days in past 5 years going back to 2017.

From December 3rd 2019 i have been working on a full time Job and plus few contracting jobs as well. And owing to the covid situation i havent left the country ever since.

With regards to hard physical evidence i do have my home countrys passport stamped with a date of departure being mentioned as December 3rd 2019. Plus my credit card statements or bank statements or my phone bills as secondary evidence. The place where i am currently staying its a friends place and generally rent payment is through E-transfer so there is no rent receipts as such.

As per my understanding once again i maybe totally of the boil on this, i believe IRCC does have access to our entry and exit records as PR Renewal form there is a section which states allow IRCC to access your entry / exit records from CBSA.

One final question i had was from Jan 2021 till March 2021 i was doing two jobs where in one of the jobs overlapped the other and both of them are reflected on my bank statements and salary stubs for both. So should i include both of them as a part of the Work / Employment history or only one of them

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks All for your responses. This was helpful.
Once again i do apologize if few of my questions sounded repetitive. Just wanted to ensure at least from my end i have all the bases covered

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
One more question regarding work history i had for example if i was working with Company A till April 2020 to March 2021 and Company B from Jan 2021 to Present. Would both of these need to be on the same line like April 2020 to March 2021 for Company A / Company B from January 2021 to Jan 2022

Or should they be separated like from April 2020 to March 2021 - Company A in the first line and Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 in the second Line.

Both of these were full time roles where salary was credited on my personal account. Regarding my other contracts they were all done on my business incorporation account and Business account is not mapped to SIN. Its mapped to your Business Number i.e. BN Number. These were also overlapping at the same time. So should all of them be in separate lines as well.

I know once again this sounds very trivial but just want to ensure owing to some beaurocratic oversee by not keeping them in the same line or keeping it otherwise it doesnt end up going for a secondary.

Last edited:

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
@steaky PFB question for which i am looking for some feedback

One more question regarding work history i had for example if i was working with Company A till April 2020 to March 2021 and Company B from Jan 2021 to Present. Would both of these need to be on the same line like April 2020 to March 2021 for Company A / Company B from January 2021 to Jan 2022

Or should they be separated like from April 2020 to March 2021 - Company A in the first line and Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 in the second Line.

Both of these were full time roles where salary was credited on my personal account. Regarding my other contracts they were all done on my business incorporation account and Business account is not mapped to SIN. Its mapped to your Business Number i.e. BN Number. These were also overlapping at the same time. So should all of them be in separate lines as well.

I know once again this sounds very trivial but just want to ensure owing to some beaurocratic oversee by not keeping them in the same line or keeping it otherwise it doesnt end up going for a secondary.