+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Point Calculation Help

connect_fc

Jul 10, 2014
HI,

Please help me finding my points:

1. Education : Bachelor Of Engineering (B.E)
2. Work Experience : (Total : 7.1 years)
Current Company - 3.10 years
3rd Company - 0.11 years
2nd Company - 1.8 years
1st Company - 0.8 years

3. IELTS : (Band - 7)
Listening - 7.5; Reading - 6.5; Writing - 6.5; Speaking - 6.5

4. Age : 32 years

Please it will be helpful if any of you can give me a details of the points allocated in the above 4 departments.
I'm worried for the work experience because I have less than 1 year exp in 1st and 3rd company.

Is it necessary that one should work more than 1 year in a company to count that year of experience.

Please help.

Thanks

NT_MAPLE

Jun 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
Waived hopefully
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
connect_fc said:
HI,

Please help me finding my points:

1. Education : Bachelor Of Engineering (B.E)
2. Work Experience : (Total : 7.1 years)
Current Company - 3.10 years
3rd Company - 0.11 years
2nd Company - 1.8 years
1st Company - 0.8 years

3. IELTS : (Band - 7)
Listening - 7.5; Reading - 6.5; Writing - 6.5; Speaking - 6.5

4. Age : 32 years

Please it will be helpful if any of you can give me a details of the points allocated in the above 4 departments.
I'm worried for the work experience because I have less than 1 year exp in 1st and 3rd company.

Is it necessary that one should work more than 1 year in a company to count that year of experience.

Please help.

Thanks
For education you will get 21 points - You will have to get an ECA report from WES stating Canadian Bachelor's equivalence of 4 years

You haven't stated which NOC you are applying to.. However, assuming that all your work experience is for the NOC you are going to apply to you will get 15 points for your work experience (provided you get the reference letter for each of the company detailing your skills as per NOC duties).

For IELTS you get: Listening - 5, Reading - 5, Writing - 5, Speaking - 5 = Total- 20 points

Age 32 - 12 points

Grand total = 68 points... You are eligible :)

connect_fc

Jul 10, 2014
wow !
thankyou Maple!

In fact, I have my WES done.
and my NOC is 2173 (Software Engineer & Designer)

I have received experience letters from 2nd,3rd and current company but since the 1st company is not functioning anymore, I dont have it's experience letter. Instead I have the Offer letter and Relieving letter of the 1st company.

Should I send those with the application?

Also, my wife and kid do not have a passport yet, can I still apply them with me?
Total Fees = $550 (Myself) + $550 (Spouse) (If not having a passport is fine) + Kid ($ ???) (If not having passport is fine) = $ XXXX

And in case I do not want my wife and kid to apply with me because of the increase in application fee, what are the various reasons I could give for not applying them.
I mean my spouse is house wife and kid is just 2.5 yrs old, I'm unable to give a reason if I want to apply only for myself. ($550 only)

I was planning to first get my PR done and then apply for my spouse and kid as dependant later after I get a job there at Canada.

So my questions are:

1. Is it ok if I send Offer letter and Relieving letter of my first company as I didnot get Experience letter since it is not functioning anymore.
2. Wife and Kid are not having passport yet, can we still apply them for PR.
3. What reasons come to your mind for a case where we dont want to apply wife and kid along with us because of increase in funds for application fees.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't submit the application until your wife and child have their passports. A copy of their passports is a mandatory document even if they aren't accompanying you to Canada.

connect_fc

Jul 10, 2014
Can't even I apply without them?
I have a passport and I will be the primary applicant.
Wife and Kid will be just dependant (for declaration in the application as it is mandatory) who will be not accompanying with me.

Please confirm and if possible direct me to a link of CIC (if there is anything written)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
connect_fc said:
Can't even I apply without them?
I have a passport and I will be the primary applicant.
Wife and Kid will be just dependant (for declaration in the application as it is mandatory) who will be not accompanying with me.

Please confirm and if possible direct me to a link of CIC (if there is anything written)
It's in the document checklist for FSW applications on the CIC web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

Again, it doesn't matter whether they are accompanying. You need to include copies of their passports or be prepared for your application to be returned as incomplete.

NT_MAPLE

Jun 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
Waived hopefully
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
connect_fc said:
wow !
thankyou Maple!

In fact, I have my WES done.
and my NOC is 2173 (Software Engineer & Designer)

I have received experience letters from 2nd,3rd and current company but since the 1st company is not functioning anymore, I dont have it's experience letter. Instead I have the Offer letter and Relieving letter of the 1st company.

Should I send those with the application?

Also, my wife and kid do not have a passport yet, can I still apply them with me?
Total Fees = $550 (Myself) + $550 (Spouse) (If not having a passport is fine) + Kid ($ ???) (If not having passport is fine) = $ XXXX

And in case I do not want my wife and kid to apply with me because of the increase in application fee, what are the various reasons I could give for not applying them.
I mean my spouse is house wife and kid is just 2.5 yrs old, I'm unable to give a reason if I want to apply only for myself. ($550 only)

I was planning to first get my PR done and then apply for my spouse and kid as dependant later after I get a job there at Canada.

So my questions are:

1. Is it ok if I send Offer letter and Relieving letter of my first company as I didnot get Experience letter since it is not functioning anymore.
2. Wife and Kid are not having passport yet, can we still apply them for PR.
3. What reasons come to your mind for a case where we dont want to apply wife and kid along with us because of increase in funds for application fees.

Appreciate your help. Thanks
As for 1) above - Try to get a reference letter from a supervisor/senior from the company that has shut down... it can be on a plain A4 letter signed by him and write a cover letter stating that the company has shut down (and the reasons)... Basically give as much detail as possible for this company and your responsibilities (in line with your NOC) and you should be fine.

connect_fc

Jul 10, 2014
Ok.
I'm afraid that I can connect with any of the seniors now, because the company was small when I was there.

What if I skip that company's experience?
Will that effect my points calculated above for the work exp?
If it does not, then I would better not show that company's experience.

ankittripathi

Sep 3, 2014
Hi,

Myself Ankit. I need help in calculating my points as I'm a bit unclear with the point calculation.
I am applying for NOC is 2173 (Software Engineer & Designer).

I have 4.8 years of work experience.
I am 27 years old.
Education - BE (computer Science)
IELTS : Listening - 8; Reading - 6; Writing - 6; Speaking - 7

Please let me know how many points do I get.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ankittripathi said:
Hi,

Myself Ankit. I need help in calculating my points as I'm a bit unclear with the point calculation.
I am applying for NOC is 2173 (Software Engineer & Designer).

I have 4.8 years of work experience.
I am 27 years old.
Education - BE (computer Science)
IELTS : Listening - 8; Reading - 6; Writing - 6; Speaking - 7

Please let me know how many points do I get.
It looks like you are one point short.

13 points for experience
12 points for age
21 points for education
20 points for IELTS

Total 66 (you need 67)

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Ths s Deepak.I need your assistance in calculating the points for the NOC 2173 (Software Engineer and Designer).

Age- 27 years
Qualification-
a) BCA - Regular (WES is already done and it is stated in the report that Canadian Bachelor's equivalence of 4 years)
b) MCA - Distance Education (In the WES report, it is just stated in the Canadian Equivalence as Masters' Degree but doesn't specify the number of years)
IELTS- L- 7.5 R -6 S- 6.5 W- 6
Exp- More than 6 years of exp in the same one company

Please let me know am I still eligible to apply.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Can anybody please hlp me on the above query please

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
Please , want to check my points regarding my work experience .

Been working more than 10 years in different designations, but my primary occupation is Marketing & Advertising worked only for 2 years .

How many points will I get . Please advise

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
cooldek1986 said:
Hi,

Ths s Deepak.I need your assistance in calculating the points for the NOC 2173 (Software Engineer and Designer).

Age- 27 years
Qualification-
a) BCA - Regular (WES is already done and it is stated in the report that Canadian Bachelor's equivalence of 4 years)
b) MCA - Distance Education (In the WES report, it is just stated in the Canadian Equivalence as Masters' Degree but doesn't specify the number of years)
IELTS- L- 7.5 R -6 S- 6.5 W- 6
Exp- More than 6 years of exp in the same one company

Please let me know am I still eligible to apply.
you will get
23 points for Education
IELTS - L 5 R 5 S 5 W 4 so 19 points
6 years work exp is 15
Age - 12

Total - 69 you are qualified to apply.