+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR - Non Compliance letter - Medical SURVEILLANCE

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I did my landing process by going from US to Canada. I had a medical surveillance letter S2.02. Since I was doing only soft landing i went to the Toronto Public health office, got the paperwork from there, did my doctor visit, Xray everything within a day and returned back to US.

Today I got a letter for non compliance to Medical Surveillance. Has anyone been in similar situation and know what could be the next steps?

Any advise on this is highly appreciated !!!!

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi Sachin,
We are in a similar situation. We did a soft landing and reported to a local public health nurse who confirmed in writing that we met the initial requirement for medical surveillance. Public health asked us to report back when we moved to Canada permanently.

We received an email for non-compliance yesterday. Very strange!

We replied to the email, lets see what happens. This is quite stressful though.

Pls write here when you have an update. I will do that too.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Sachin,
We are in a similar situation. We did a soft landing and reported to a local public health nurse who confirmed in writing that we met the initial requirement for medical surveillance. Public health asked us to report back when we moved to Canada permanently.

Sure - I will let you know if I hear anything more on this topic..

tsinha

Nov 22, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Does the non-compliance letter affect my PR status? Also, did you guys inform the CIC?

Really looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Tushar

tsinha

Nov 22, 2018
Sure - I will let you know if I hear anything more on this topic..
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Does the non-compliance letter affect my PR status? Also, did you guys inform the CIC?

Thanks,
Tushar

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi,

Thanks,
Tushar
Hello,

I did send couple of emails to the email id 'IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca' but did not get any response.

I am guilty of not following up with them. But now I will do that. I have got PR card and from what i would think this should not impact PR card but may impact future applications like citizenship.

As of now I am outside Canada so finding it difficult to contact CIC thru phone. But I will try raising a web form and see what happens. Will let you know how it goes.

Are you in Canada? If not how are you planning to respond to CIC?

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Sachin,

Hello,

Can you please advise how did it go for you? I am looking for pointers on next steps. kind of a frustrating process..

regards,
Sachin.

tsinha

Nov 22, 2018
Hello,

I did send couple of emails to the email id 'IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca' but did not get any response.

I am guilty of not following up with them. But now I will do that. I have got PR card and from what i would think this should not impact PR card but may impact future applications like citizenship.

As of now I am outside Canada so finding it difficult to contact CIC thru phone. But I will try raising a web form and see what happens. Will let you know how it goes.

Are you in Canada? If not how are you planning to respond to CIC?
Hi Sachin,

Thanks for responding. I am outside Canada too. Will raise a web form request and see how it goes. When I talked to the TB nurse during soft landing, she said that my duty for now was complete since I reported within 30 days of landing to her and should contact her again when I settle for good. Now, this letter. What does your letter say in general? Just want to be sure that we have the same thing. Also I will keep you posted.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Sachin,

Thanks for responding. I am outside Canada too. Will raise a web form request and see how it goes. When I talked to the TB nurse during soft landing, she said that my duty for now was complete since I reported within 30 days of landing to her and should contact her again when I settle for good. Now, this letter. What does your letter say in general? Just want to be sure that we have the same thing. Also I will keep you posted.

This is the generic message in the email

According to our records, you have not complied with the medical surveillance requirement associated with your immigration or visa file.

The results of your Immigration Medical Examination indicated that you were required to attend a medical follow-up with a provincial or territorial public health authority. They have reported you as
not in compliance with your medical surveillance requirement.

As a reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

If you have changed your address or telephone number before being contacted by the provincial or territorial public health authority, please kindly ensure that you have provided us your current Canadian residential address and telephone number by e-mailing the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

If you are currently out of the country, please ensure that once you return to Canada, you send your Canadian residential address by e-mail to the Public Health Liaison Unit at
IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi all,
sorry I forgot to update. We sent an email explaining that we will be moving permanently next year and send them evidence of informing Toronto public health nurse about this. They responded saying its ok and they will update our file with our evidence.

Ruiruiz

Jun 16, 2020
This is the generic message in the email

According to our records, you have not complied with the medical surveillance requirement associated with your immigration or visa file.

The results of your Immigration Medical Examination indicated that you were required to attend a medical follow-up with a provincial or territorial public health authority. They have reported you as
not in compliance with your medical surveillance requirement.

As a reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

If you have changed your address or telephone number before being contacted by the provincial or territorial public health authority, please kindly ensure that you have provided us your current Canadian residential address and telephone number by e-mailing the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

If you are currently out of the country, please ensure that once you return to Canada, you send your Canadian residential address by e-mail to the Public Health Liaison Unit at
IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Any update sachin80? I've got the same email but I already complied to medical surveilance last January 2019 on our province public health, but all of a sudden I received that email.

Any advise what should I do? I'm kinda worry it will affect my status as a PR here in canada.

Thanks

movingsoon456

Feb 23, 2022
Hi, my partner had a similar situation and is worried about her PR status. We're arriving from the UK in Sept and want to get this sorted. Does anyone have an update on what happened when you got in touch with IRCC or when you got to Canada?

She had done a soft landing in Dec 2019 and called the local health authority. They registered her and advised she needed to come in for an appointment when she returned to Canada, booking in a tentative appointment for a year later. The pandemic happened during that time and she wasn't able to return to Canada and make that appointment. She received a letter of non-compliance a couple of months ago in November 2021 and we're a bit worried this will affect her PR status. Does anyone have any experience of this, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks