Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have applied for my Canadian PR through AINP in 2008. I was on H1 Visa in USA and returned to India recently, since I exhausted six years of my H1. I have received my Passport Request 2 days back. I have completed my medicals in August, 2010. I have the following queries to all the experts here.

1) Since its more than 1 year now, since I completed my medicals, what will be the requirements now. In the Passport req1uest there is no mention of medicals to be redone. So after passport is stamped will they ask me to undergo medicals again?

2) Since I am currently in India, should I send my passport to my friend in US to send it across to the consulate for stamping or I should request them to transfer my case to India? What will be the good thing to do in this situation.

3) What is the normally1 expected landing timelines after stamping the passport? Will be there an immediate landing requirement in my case considering the situation as mentioned in point 1.

I need all of your expert advice in the above situation. Please guide me what should be the best course of action in my situation.

Thanks to all for your time and help in advance!!

Best Regards,
Shyamal Bhowmik

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Since its more than 1 year now, since I completed my medicals, what will be the requirements now. In the Passport req1uest there is no mention of medicals to be redone. So after passport is stamped will they ask me to undergo medicals again?

If a medical is required the VO will ask you before stamping the Visa. Otherwise a validity date of your visa will be specified in the letter which you will receive with COPR and your passport.

2) Since I am currently in India, should I send my passport to my friend in US to send it across to the consulate for stamping or I should request them to transfer my case to India? What will be the good thing to do in this situation.

You can send the PP with friend with a authorization letter. Transferring will not be possible at this stage.

3) What is the normally1 expected landing timelines after stamping the passport? Will be there an immediate landing requirement in my case considering the situation as mentioned in point 1.

Follow the instructions which you will receive along with your passport and COPR.