+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Card and Family moving

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello

A clarification please

For the initial move to get Canada PR, we should move with the Family
However, after getting the PR Card, I need to return to my country
I will then re-enter Canada, look for a Job and then bring my Family (after a couple of months)

Trust this is acceptable

Kindly comment

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, should be fine. It takes about 4-5 weeks to get the PR card in the mail after you arrive.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello Leon

Thanks for confirming this

I would like to know from others who already got their PRs and returned to thier country before moving back permanently to Canada:
How did you handle the address to be given for mailing the PR Documents ?
As per Leon, it may take about 5 weeks (or more) and do you need to stay for that period and collect ?
Is there a way out ?
If you do the PR process through some agency, can their address be provided as your address so that they can collect and send them to your country address...(Assuming we leave Canada immediately after landing)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have friends or family, you can give that address and they can send you the PR card. If you go to an agency, pay them to help you get things arranged, you can ask them if you can give their address for the PR card. You can see if you can get a pre-paid fed ex envelope with your foreign address to leave by them. If you are staying at a B&B or a motel, you can try the same there, pay them a bit extra but you have to be able to trust the people that they will do it. Agency is probably better.