+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR application rejected due to USA PCC

DivyaReddy

Mar 22, 2018
Hello guys,

My Canada PR application was rejected. The only information I got in the letter was -

IRCC has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet requirements of a complete application.Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police certificate: The police certificate from USA that you provided with your application is not acceptable.

This was the site I used to get my PCC as mentioned on the CIC site - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks.

My PCC was issues on Dec-06-2017 and I submitted my application on March - 10 - 2018. I have tried calling the CIC but haven't had any luck in reaching them. What do you think the reason for my rejection would be? Thanks

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Did you travel to the US after Dec 6, 2017 and before submitting PR application?

Calling CIC requires a lot of trials, since most of the time their system is too busy, but definitely you could speak to a human agent (waiting times are around 30-40 minutes, if you are lucky to be placed in queue).

DivyaReddy

Mar 22, 2018
Did you travel to the US after Dec 6, 2017 and before submitting PR application?

Calling CIC requires a lot of trials, since most of the time their system is too busy, but definitely you could speak to a human agent (waiting times are around 30-40 minutes, if you are lucky to be placed in queue).
Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your response. After I applied for my USA PCC , I traveled to India and came back to USA on Dec 10th. My PCC was issued on Dec 6th. Do you think this was the reason it got rejected?

I have tried multiple ways to get in touch with CIC but no luck, the only way to get in touch is to call their (888-242-2100) number from Canada. Since I'm in the US the call won't go through.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
That seems quite strange, since you're currently residing in the USA. Seems IRCC screwed up? I would raise a CSE. The PCC requierment is

"If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months."

calling the IRCC is an exercise in frustration, I recommend 9am or 3pm to try.

EDIT; clarity

DivyaReddy

Mar 22, 2018
That seems quite strange, since you're currently residing in the USA. Seems IRCC screwed up? I would raise a CSE. The PCC requierment is

"If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months."

calling the IRCC is an exercise in frustration, I recommend 9am or 3pm to try.

EDIT; clarity
I have already raised a CSE but haven't gotten any response back.

Also, I cannot call them because the number is only available if you are calling from Canada.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017

Also, I cannot call them because the number is only available if you are calling from Canada.
I have read somewhere in the forum that you can call cic using Google voice/Hangout, give a try.

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM

If you have a smart phone download an app like text now or text free.... you can choose a Canadian number and use that app to call. Most of these apps give you a few days free calling before they ask you to pay (usually 2-5 dollars a month) or earn free credits. I used Text Now app.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
If you have a smart phone download an app like text now or text free.... you can choose a Canadian number and use that app to call. Most of these apps give you a few days free calling before they ask you to pay (usually 2-5 dollars a month) or earn free credits. I used Text Now app.
Hi,
If you make calls using TextNow app, does it show your real number or the app number? Also, would I be able to receive calls in both Us and Canada? I live in Canada and work in US, I want to hold on to my US number but looking to get a Canadian line. Thanks!

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
No it doesn’t show your US number at all! Just the App number. You can receive calls from Canada I know cause it’s a Canadian number..... never received or gave that number to anyone in US so not sure. Be sure when you download and set it up where you request number you put in a Canadian area code.... I requested a 778 area code which is BC.

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your response. After I applied for my USA PCC , I traveled to India and came back to USA on Dec 10th. My PCC was issued on Dec 6th. Do you think this was the reason it got rejected?

I have tried multiple ways to get in touch with CIC but no luck, the only way to get in touch is to call their (888-242-2100) number from Canada. Since I'm in the US the call won't go through.
It didn't cover days from 6 to 10 that's the reason

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

My Canada PR application was rejected. The only information I got in the letter was -

IRCC has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet requirements of a complete application.Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police certificate: The police certificate from USA that you provided with your application is not acceptable.

This was the site I used to get my PCC as mentioned on the CIC site - https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks.

My PCC was issues on Dec-06-2017 and I submitted my application on March - 10 - 2018. I have tried calling the CIC but haven't had any luck in reaching them. What do you think the reason for my rejection would be? Thanks
Did you provide the federal PCC which they request. Attention some countries like USA do have several types of PCC.
And also was your scan in color. Specially for PCC color photos or scans are required.