+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR and AVR

Dhonu

Apr 18, 2009
Hello Everyone,

First let me thank everyone here for sharing so much information related to the Canadian immigration process. I have been following this forum for couple of months now and it has been really helpful.
I have recently completed my landing process and my PR card should be coming in a few weeks. I landed in Toronto (Pearson Intl Airport) and the immigration was a breeze. The landing is a three step process. First you go through the customs, then the immigration and again customs (if you have any GTF's). The IO asked the general stuff (any criminal records or any convictions in any of the countries I lived)
We used the AVR rule to get back to US. Both mine (H1) and my wife's (H1) visa had expired. The IO officer (US side) knew the rule and asked us to show the expired I-94's. He also asked us if we had visited any other country other than Canada in this trip. We said NO, he re-validated the visa and told us that we could use this process if we travel to Canada for a period of less than 30-days in future.

So for all those of you who are worried about using the AVR I will strongly suggest that you use it.

Best....
D

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi Dhonu,

Thanks for your post. I am also in the same situation, want to use AVR. can you explaine me more about this stuff.I have few questions
can you send me ur mail id. mine is sriram915@g****.com

t