+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Post Strike - What are my options to send documents?

mikedota

Jan 30, 2012
I just learned about the Canada Post strike and I need to send documents for citizenship soon. Do you recommend UPS/FEDEX?

Thanks

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any courier will do including Purolator. Need to send it to the below courier address as opposed to the address for Canada Post:
CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Refer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp

We dont know to what extend the processing will affect as they still have to move applications to the corresponding local office, inform applicants on tests etc. as their default medium is Canada Post.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikedota said:
I just learned about the Canada Post strike and I need to send documents for citizenship soon. Do you recommend UPS/FEDEX?

Thanks
DHL, FEDEX UPS

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys I'm stuck in a tough place right now. As you all know Canada post issued it 72 hour notice to lockout its employees as early as Friday July 8th. My FBI PCC is being mailed to me right now it was mailed out last week and is currently on its way. In the tragic event that I don't receive before Canada posts' labour disruption, what do I tell CIC?!?!?!? They've requested this document from me as my criminal check is in progress. The FBI doesn't not want to use a paid courier. I am getting really worried, it took me a year and a half to finally get to this point in my PR application, I would really be disappointed if a Canada post strike disrupts it. Some advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!