+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada post has lost my Police Certificate mail!!

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

Last month CIC asked me to submit a police certificate for my backhome, they gave me 30 days to submit the original copy. The 30 days would be over on 21 March.

It took me nearly 20 days to get the police certificate. I got my police certificate for my backhome, and sent it to CIC on March 11 by XpressPost(Canada Post). The online tracking shows, it was out for delivery on March 12. After that no more update.

I contacted Local Canada post office and called the Canada Post Call center. They told me, They have no idea about the mail. They do not know, if the mail was delivered or got lost.

They asked me to open a ticket. Then they will investigate and find out. So, I have opened a ticket and waiting for update.

Any suggestion?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
isabox said:
Hi,

Last month CIC asked me to submit a police certificate for my backhome, they gave me 30 days to submit the original copy. The 30 days would be over on 21 March.

It took me nearly 20 days to get the police certificate. I got my police certificate for my backhome, and sent it to CIC on March 11 by XpressPost(Canada Post). The online tracking shows, it was out for delivery on March 12. After that no more update.

I contacted Local Canada post office and called the Canada Post Call center. They told me, They have no idea about the mail. They do not know, if the mail was delivered or got lost.

They asked me to open a ticket. Then they will investigate and find out. So, I have opened a ticket and waiting for update.

Any suggestion?
Ask them how much time it takes if they cant tell u time apply fr new PCC.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Sorry to hear this !!

Immediately write an email to CIC explaining your situation with tracking info, also call the call center guys and explain your situation. Request for extension to submit your PCC, I hope they will understand your situation.

I am not sure if you have any other ways of reaching CIC, maybe experts can provide some suggestion.

I hope CIC will receive your PCC by tomorrow or already have would have received !! i know cases of my friends where Canada post delivered my friends passports to wrong address and created panic.

Good luck...

Wonderclicks

rick anne

Mar 7, 2014
isabox said:
Hi,

Any suggestion?
that's messed up. You only have 2 days left to let CIC know of what happened. Did you make a photocopy of your PCC? I suggest to write a nice explanation letter (don't blame anyone in it, just use some positive words and explain the situation) plus the photocopy if exists, and request the VO for some extension.

First thing tomorrow morning, run to the police headquarters and request them to print a letter immediately. Tell them you are running out of time. Because they already verified you once, they might just print it out. This time get 2/3 original copies (additional copies are like $4/$5, something like that, I bought two original PCCs, just in case)

If you are in Toronto, "40 College St, Toronto, ON M5G 2J3" is the address.

I think CanadaPost sends their parcels every afternoon, so you'll have enough time to get a new one from Police (hoping its not crowded)

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
hi there, are you sure you only have 30 days to submit the pcc? I got the same email and they said "The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter"
write an email to them to find it out.
good luck

mastercoks

Feb 15, 2014
This almost happens to me we have the same deadline Canada post sent my PCC to Smith Falls instead of Ottawa there has been a confusion on the postal code they have entered on my tracking, imediately after seeing it and it might not arrived on time I emailed CIC and explain the situation providing the copy of my PCC. But still it was delivered 3 days before the deadline.

maynald

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
isabox said:
Hi,

Any suggestion?
I suggest you send an email to CIC,ask them if they already have it or not.What if they al ready have it.Youll never know if you never try.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isabox said:
Hi,

Any suggestion?
Contact CIC via the telephone and ask for an extension and explain your issue thoroughly. Don't try to email them b.c it would be a month before they reply to you and that's too late!

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Sophia.B said:
hi there, are you sure you only have 30 days to submit the pcc? I got the same email and they said "The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter"
write an email to them to find it out.
good luck
Yes, I actually got 30 days.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Johnny31 said:
Contact CIC via the telephone and ask for an extension and explain your issue thoroughly. Don't try to email them b.c it would be a month before they reply to you and that's too late!
Is this the number to use to contact CIC for this issue?

613-946-6059

I have got this number in that email, I received from CIC.

crediblesam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Brampton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Hi all, sorry for the hear your issue.

One suggestions I would to give our forum members is to always send Canada post mail with "signature required" option, which is $1.5 extra but give us a peace of mind that your letter will be kept safe from canada post.

Thanks

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
isabox said:
Hi,

Any suggestion?
Hi isabox, sorry to hear that. I can explain you one situation which happened to me and to one of my friend as well with Canada Post. I got passport request for visa stamping on 7th Mar, 2014 and I sent my passport via Canada post on 10th Mar, 2014. Then on 12th Mar. 2014, status changed to "Out for Delivery" and no update after that and I waited for 2 days and raised a ticket and they confirmed that generally to CIC, they won't track individual items because more than 1000 letters goes to the same address so they will give all the letters without scanning to Immigration people. So in that case, the online tracker will stay in "Out for Delivery" status. Then on 14th Mar. 2014, my return tracker got activated and I received my passport successfully. I think that is the case for you as well. So don't panic better check with CIC whether they received your PCC or not. I think they might have already received your PCC.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
crediblesam said:
Hi all, sorry for the hear your issue.

One suggestions I would to give our forum members is to always send Canada post mail with "signature required" option, which is $1.5 extra but give us a peace of mind that your letter will be kept safe from canada post.

Thanks
The things is, I'm not sure if the delivery address has someone to sign the package, like an office or reception. If not, the package might be returned to the postal office, waiting for a sign and pick up, which CIC would never do...

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
natrajs35 said:
Hi isabox, sorry to hear that. I can explain you one situation which happened to me and to one of my friend as well with Canada Post. I got passport request for visa stamping on 7th Mar, 2014 and I sent my passport via Canada post on 10th Mar, 2014. Then on 12th Mar. 2014, status changed to "Out for Delivery" and no update after that and I waited for 2 days and raised a ticket and they confirmed that generally to CIC, they won't track individual items because more than 1000 letters goes to the same address so they will give all the letters without scanning to Immigration people. So in that case, the online tracker will stay in "Out for Delivery" status. Then on 14th Mar. 2014, my return tracker got activated and I received my passport successfully. I think that is the case for you as well. So don't panic better check with CIC whether they received your PCC or not. I think they might have already received your PCC.
Ah, that's a very clear explanation. Thanks.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
ZingyDNA said:
The things is, I'm not sure if the delivery address has someone to sign the package, like an office or reception. If not, the package might be returned to the postal office, waiting for a sign and pick up, which CIC would never do...
Initially, I thought my case was unique. After all of your input, I feel better.

When I spoke to Canada Post Call Center. I remember the person telling me.
Sometimes in Government offices, when they receive a lot of mails at the same time, they usually do not sign. Or it could be a drop box. But that was something he was guessing.

I am still waiting for Canada Post to find it out, and resolve the ticket.